CoolerMaster MasterFan MF120R ARGB
VGA MSI GeForce GTX 1660 TI ARMOR 6G OC
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
AMD MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX
be quiet! Pure Wings 2 140MM PWM 2x
G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws-V 2x8GB 3200Mhz
Phanteks Eclipse P300
Seagate HDD 3.5" 2TB ST2000DM008 Barracuda

Now sorry if I'm lacking the right benchmarks, but it's what I have used before I replaced my old stock(Wraith Stealth) cooler with Noctua NH-D15s.

I used Time Spy 1.0 , and here are the results before and after installing the cooler and overclocking it:
Before
After

These are consistent results, there are more, but these 2 are the jist of them.

So I OCd all cores to 4.225 Hz now, but as can be seen with results, it's the GPU that suddenly dropped in performance. After talking to friends, we thought that it might be the airflow, as the new cooler is a tight fit. So I tried to run the tests with top/back fan off, but there was no change in benchmark result.

I did overclock GPU using MSI afterburner both before and after installing new cooler, but there was no change in boost made by the program.

Or is this normal?

Solution
From the results I can see that you also have different drivers for the GPU. Try DDU and put the old driver back to see if you still have the issue. If it gets better then it's driver related.

By the way, I would not trust my PC with that PSU . CX models are budget PSUs that are not meant for gaming rigs.
From the results I can see that you also have different drivers for the GPU. Try DDU and put the old driver back to see if you still have the issue. If it gets better then it's driver related.

By the way, I would not trust my PC with that PSU . CX models are budget PSUs that are not meant for gaming rigs.

Solution
Sep 19, 2019

Here is the test with roll backed graphics. Unfortunately there is no change. :(

As for PSU, I will consider upgrading it when I have a get an upgrade of CPU or GPU.

Sep 19, 2019

Actually, you are damn right, in the previous post I didn't actually use DDU, it is back to normal. And even better due to overclock

TRENDING THREADS