Question Possible graphic card upgrade for hpe pavillion h8-1192d desktop pc

May 4, 2019
Hello,
I have an HP hpe h8-1192d dekstop pc and haven't upgrade anything but the PSU (I had to replace the old PSU back in 2017). The pc has a Pegatron 2AB5 motherboard and an Nvidia GT 545 3GB ddr3 graphics card, which isn't the best card and can't possibly let me run any modern/AAA games in medium/higher setting.

So, I've decide to upgrade the graphic card, but a friend of mine once warn me about my motherboard compability and it's inability to run with newer graphic card such as GTX 1060 or Rx 580.

However, upon further investigation, I found this motherboard is pretty much could run with Rx 580, as seen in this page :
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/16331682

This is the detailed information about the motherboard:
https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c02854392

As for my current spec :
i7-2600 non K
16GB(4*4GB) samsung ddr3 1333
Pegatron 2AB5 motherboard (the one with intel H67 chipset)
Nvidia GT 545 3GB ddr3
2*1GB 5400rpm WD HDD
Seasonic X650 Modular (the one with hybrid fan control)

My question is :
  1. Is it possible to run this pc with either Gtx 1060/ Rx 580?
  2. If it isn't possible, should I upgrade the motherboard to other non OEM motherboard with same/different chipset? Or is it better to build a new PC from the scratch?
  3. If its really possible to upgrade my graphic card without buying other motherboard/build a new PC, would Sapphire Nitro+ special edition 8GB be a better deal compared to Powercolor Red Devil golden sample Rx 580 8GB?
I'm really sorry for my terrible english btw, this is my first time asking question in this forum and english is not my native language.
Thanks in advance.

May 4, 2019
Looks like you already proved you can run an RX580 on this machine, so you've answered your own question. Then it's just down to physical size of the GPU. Since you've already got the case, it'll be easy to compare.

Country?
If USA - Asus RX580 4GB = $130 after promo code EMCSTATY2 and MIR (ends today)
Ah, knowing this Pc could run with rx 580 is a huge relief. My knowledge about hardware is pretty much D- grade and sometimes I got really worried if there's no professional inputs.

I forgot to mention about the case, I've replace the case with Lian Li alumunium case (that I forgot the model), I think it would be sufficient to handle long lengthed graphic card up to 38cm (40cm if I take the front fans out)

I live in Indonesia, so the graphic card price is relatively higher compared to usa or Amazon/newegg(debatable)

My budget is around INA 6000k (around US$400) but the brand new rx 580 8Gb is around US$385 and that is the cheapest I've seen for weeks. At worst the price would hit US$400+ and even worst for reputable brand such as Asus/sapphire.

If worst comes to worst, I'd just take the US$385(this is the sapphire Pulse rx 580 8gb, I'm not really sure about the difference between this card and the special edition card which cost extra $30)

Thanks for your input btw.

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Ah, knowing this Pc could run with rx 580 is a huge relief. My knowledge about hardware is pretty much D- grade and sometimes I got really worried if there's no professional inputs.

I forgot to mention about the case, I've replace the case with Lian Li alumunium case (that I forgot the model), I think it would be sufficient to handle long lengthed graphic card up to 38cm (40cm if I take the front fans out)

I live in Indonesia, so the graphic card price is relatively higher compared to usa or Amazon/newegg(debatable)

My budget is around INA 6000k (around US$400) but the brand new rx 580 8Gb is around US$385 and that is the cheapest I've seen for weeks. At worst the price would hit US$400+ and even worst for reputable brand such as Asus/sapphire.

If worst comes to worst, I'd just take the US$385(this is the sapphire Pulse rx 580 8gb, I'm not really sure about the difference between this card and the special edition card which cost extra $30)

Thanks for your input btw.
Dude those are mad prices. Check Shopee or Lazada. Prices there should be similar to Singapore. Just saw one Zotac 1660 Ti AMP on Shopee ID for $300. Buying a RX 580 for $385 is suicide lol. I think I saw one on Lazada, MSI armor RX 580 is around $225. If the 1660 or the 1660 Ti prices are similar to the RX 580, well, close your eyes and get the Nvidia. Go to Lazada Nvidia GeForce official store.

Reactions: Cagali404
May 4, 2019
Dude those are mad prices. Check Shopee or Lazada. Prices there should be similar to Singapore. Just saw one Zotac 1660 Ti AMP on Shopee ID for $300. Buying a RX 580 for $385 is suicide lol. I think I saw one on Lazada, MSI armor RX 580 is around $225. If the 1660 or the 1660 Ti prices are similar to the RX 580, well, close your eyes and get the Nvidia. Go to Lazada Nvidia GeForce official store.
Sorry for the late reply.

I decide to order gtx 1660 Ti for $295 + $10 shipping fees and the card just arrive today. It works like a charm and darn,.. this is such a great deal compared to the prices on my local store.

Thanks a lot dude, you're really save me. I'd not know the existence of those online shopping have you not mention that earlier.

Dreamevil55

Honorable
May 4, 2016
Sorry for the late reply.

I decide to order gtx 1660 Ti for $295 + $10 shipping fees and the card just arrive today. It works like a charm and darn,.. this is such a great deal compared to the prices on my local store.

Thanks a lot dude, you're really save me. I'd not know the existence of those online shopping have you not mention that earlier.
Glad I could help. Happy gaming !