[SOLVED] Possible hardware issue?

Jan 29, 2020
Okay so for quite a while now, I've been experiencing crashes with basically every newer games. Older games are fine, but the ones that were released in the last 1-2 years, they crash after a short while after the game is launched.

It happened with Forza Horizon 4, the newest open world exploration games from Microsoft (forgot the name), now with Journey to the Savage Planet, Rocket League randomly freezes but when I open the Task Manager, then click back into the game everything is fine, and I had the same issue with other games that I can't remember from the top of my head.
I have every single driver updated and I formatted both my drives and reinstalled Windows 10.

The weird thing is, that when I was playing the last game, I opened TM, and AIDA 64 to see if it was an overheating problem. It wasn't. CPU temperature always stayed below 70 °C, and the GPU temp always stayed below 70 °C as well, so I'm kinda confused.

What I did get from this game is an error message from the Unreal Engine:
LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line:200] Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')
I have 0 knowledge about what any of this could mean, but the "D3D device being lost" part made me extremely nervous because I think that could mean that my GPU is done for, but I really want someone to correct me on this, because there's no way for me to buy a new CPU, let alone a new GPU.
But I'm not entirely sure and that's exactly why I'm making this post so that maybe, just maybe there is a chance that a solution exists that doesn't include replacing anything.
Specs:
  • ASUS PRIME B365M-A
  • Intel i7-6700
  • GTX 1070 8GB
  • 16GB Kingston DDR4
  • Corsair VS650
  • Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
  • Seagate 1TB

Last edited:
Solution
The PSU you own doesn't inspire confidence in me, not for that spec'd system. Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Which version are you working with for your OS? Are you working with a dual channel ram kit or is it mixed and matched?

FYI, the i7-6700 is not listed on your motherboard's supported CPU list and the board will only work with 8th and 9th gen Intel CPU's, per the spec's page. Either you listed the processor wrong or you're working with the wrong processor for that board.

Lutfij

Titan
The PSU you own doesn't inspire confidence in me, not for that spec'd system. Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Which version are you working with for your OS? Are you working with a dual channel ram kit or is it mixed and matched?

FYI, the i7-6700 is not listed on your motherboard's supported CPU list and the board will only work with 8th and 9th gen Intel CPU's, per the spec's page. Either you listed the processor wrong or you're working with the wrong processor for that board.

Solution