[SOLVED] Possible improvements for my parts list?

Aug 1, 2020
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/whMNdm

I've been changing the list alot and I wanted to be 100% sure before going ahead buying these individually..

To clarify:

- My budget is around $700-800 but it can alter if it requires a better result

- This PC is for multi-tasking, high level gaming, streaming, and an art machine (for professional work)

- CPU and GPU are likely gonna be the same, but I'm up for possible suggestions

- I want to see if the storage needs to be altered for something else, or keep it the same it is (but also possible good HDDs for internal storage )

- Same for memory if it needs to be replaced by something else, I'm looking for 16 GB DDR4

- Power supply is also I'm very unsure about, if ya got a better suggestion around 500-600 W range

I don't need OS, keyboard/mouse, and monitor as I'd have those currently

If y'all can help, I'd highly appreciate it ^^;

Solution
Just swapped the ssd (beacuse it pretty much on par, has a fitted heatsink and is $30 cheaper) and the psu which is rock solid quality, partpicker says its out of stock but it isn't.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard ($144.99 @ B&H)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($117.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card ($229.99 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower...
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/whMNdm

I've been changing the list alot and I wanted to be 100% sure before going ahead buying these individually..

To clarify:

- My budget is around $700-800 but it can alter if it requires a better result

- This PC is for multi-tasking, high level gaming, streaming, and an art machine (for professional work)

- CPU and GPU are likely gonna be the same, but I'm up for possible suggestions

- I want to see if the storage needs to be altered for something else, or keep it the same it is (but also possible good HDDs for internal storage )

- Same for memory if it needs to be replaced by something else, I'm looking for 16 GB DDR4

- Power supply is also I'm very unsure about, if ya got a better suggestion around 500-600 W range

I don't need OS, keyboard/mouse, and monitor as I'd have those currently

If y'all can help, I'd highly appreciate it ^^;
Only need higher power PSU.

Just swapped the ssd (beacuse it pretty much on par, has a fitted heatsink and is $30 cheaper) and the psu which is rock solid quality, partpicker says its out of stock but it isn't.

PCPartPicker Part List

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($64.98 @ Amazon)
Storage: ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($117.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB TUF GAMING OC Video Card ($229.99 @ B&H)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($0.00)
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $807.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-01 05:20 EDT-0400

Reactions: CountMike
Solution
Aug 1, 2020
What do you suggest for a power supply then? Manufacturer? 600 W?

PCPartPicker Part List

Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400 ATX Mid Tower Case ($0.00)
Power Supply: Antec Earthwatts Gold Pro 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($89.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $807.93
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-01 05:20 EDT-0400
Oh yes! Thank you, thank you, thaaank you!! This seems up my ally, but also

Is the other aspects of the components are also fine (CPU for example)?

Oh yes! Thank you, thank you, thaaank you!! This seems up my ally, but also

Is the other aspects of the components are also fine (CPU for example)?

The builds solid, you could save money on the motherboard.
Personally I'd think of an aftermarket cooler because the stock spire stealth can be found wanting in certain instances.

On a performance/quality level though your component choices are solid.

Aug 1, 2020
Personally I'd think of an aftermarket cooler because the stock spire stealth can be found wanting in certain instances.

Save money for a new motherboard or the current one?

But also, what do you mean regarding with the coolers? I'm very new to this sort of thing heh

Aug 1, 2020

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vw3PZf
I've checked what this prebuilt pc's case fans are and their the same ones that the case was made by "Phanteks" and it seems pretty good. Though, I am up for changing it out if it has to be!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Vw3PZf
I've checked what this prebuilt pc's case fans are and their the same ones that the case was made by "Phanteks" and it seems pretty good. Though, I am up for changing it out if it has to be!

The case is decent, your build is fine as it is.
I was talking about an aftermarket cpu cooler but in all honesty if you're not in a very hot country I would deem it unnecessary.

There are better cases than the p400 imo but that case currently isn't showing a price on partpicker?

Do you already own it?

Aug 1, 2020
The case is decent, your build is fine as it is.
I was talking about an aftermarket cpu cooler but in all honesty if you're not in a very hot country I would deem it unnecessary.

There are better cases than the p400 imo but that case currently isn't showing a price on partpicker?

Do you already own it?
Ahh, I'd see!
And yeah, I do own it, it came with the case (It's a prebuilt, so wanted to do a full on replacement with everything) but I also don't mind alternatives if it means a better experience

True true, so I think I'd should be good?
For future reference, what can I'd technically upgrade later on after getting this build?

CPU and gpu pretty much.

Obviously extra storage as you see fit (you probably have a an extra sata drive to put in there from your old build?)

Buying a good b550 board future proofs you as much as is practically possible.

The psu will run any cpu/gpu combination you could care to throw at it.

At this current time there's not a lot better to be had future proofing wise.

Aug 1, 2020
CPU and gpu pretty much.

Obviously extra storage as you see fit (you probably have a an extra sata drive to put in there from your old build?)

Buying a good b550 board future proofs you as much as is practically possible.

The psu will run any cpu/gpu combination you could care to throw at it.

At this current time there's not a lot better to be had future proofing wise.
That's understandable, thanks again for the big help!
I do to some degree, it's a 1 TB HDD but idk if fully formatting it will do any good or not but also unsure if the company who've made them are just as good

That's understandable, thanks again for the big help!
I do to some degree, it's a 1 TB HDD but idk if fully formatting it will do any good or not but also unsure if the company who've made them are just as good

When you do the new build be sure to have just the nvme ssd plugged in when installing windows.

Add the 1tb drive afterwards then format it from your windows install A FTER its all ready to GO.

Gotcha gotcha, but for the sake of being safe, do ya have certain companies suggestions who does better HDDs?

Most people would say steer clear of seagate, and 95% of people stick with Western Digital.

Some would pay over the odds for Hitachi but newer Hitachi drives are manufactured at Toshiba plants anyway.

I think that's kind of an unfair assumption although the most drives I've ever had fail are indeed seagate manufactured drives.

I go solely with Toshiba drives myself now, either p300 or dt01 series depending on what's available.

Have 7 of these drives, some been running 4 years +, not a single failure

Thats my personal experience so I've stuck with them.

Aug 1, 2020
Most people would say steer clear of seagate, and 95% of people stick with Western Digital.

Some would pay over the odds for Hitachi but newer Hitachi drives are manufactured at Toshiba plants anyway.

I think that's kind of an unfair assumption although the most drives I've ever had fail are indeed seagate manufactured drives.

I go solely with Toshiba drives myself now, either p300 or dt01 series depending on what's available.

Have 7 of these drives, some been running 4 years +, not a single failure

Thats my personal experience so I've stuck with them.
Ahh, noted! I had skeptical feeling towards seagate from how others were experiencing it but had another pointing it out from my last list I've altered beforehand. I'm on the whim to go with WD or Toshiba if I'd ever get the chance to get a new one

It's also concerning considering the HDD it's in right now could very likely be another seagate and only had it for a few years, so I dunno how long it'll keep kicking so that's a scary thought in mind