[SOLVED] Possible L2 Cache error?

Jan 24, 2021
During POST (I think, I'm not very knowledgeable yet) my PC beeps 11 short beeps. I have a Z390 Aorus Master mobo, and the AMI beep codes translated 11 short beeps to a cache memory error. I'm running a 9th gen i7-9700K, and as far as I know the possibly erroneous L2 cache is in the CPU. Does anyone know if this is in fact an L2 cache error? Is replacing the CPU the only possible fix?

The strange thing is that except for the beeping on startup, I have not experienced any strange crashes or other obvious errors when using the PC. After beeping it boots windows just fine, and I have used the system for over half a year without notable trouble. So it is obviously not a fatal error, but I want to know whether I'm actually missing out on a lot of performance due to lack of L2 cache. That, and I'm getting pretty sick of the beeping... Any insight would be much appreciated!

Update: Removed the CPU from its socket, and discovered that exactly half of the pins are bent! I think it's incredible that it runs at all.. I'm guessing this might be the cause of the error.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021
I'm very sure about 11 beeps. Are you sure it is not ami? I tried checking the specifications at Gigabytes websites, and under bios it says "Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS". Might be the software and not the chip then that is ami?

Jan 24, 2021
The debug code was 04. After googling I turned off fast boot, and now the debug code shows A0, which it should. The beeping persisted however. But as I wrote on the update, half of the pins in the cpu socket is bent. I'm guessing those are the cause. But thanks for the help!