Possible lifespan for my SSD/HDD? (picture SMART)

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Hello,

I recently (9 days ago) purchased a Samsung EVO SSD (250GB), somehow I already reached Wear Leveling Count = 1, I'm planning to use this for only OS/Programs, nothing more. I have a second HDD (3 years old) seagate Hard disk using for pretty much everything. I'm aware SSDs are faster but not reliable and HDDs are a bit slower but good endurance, is that a "golden rule" for storages? Can someone please explain that to me?

As the title says, I want to know how much time left for my SSD- as you can imagine, I'm a massive paranoid , 9 day since I bought this and already my a** got scared as hell, thats mainly because I have low income and I can't buy a new hardware anytime soon. I'm using Speecy to view info about my PC. I'm planning to put only 1 game from my HDD to SSD, simply because I want faster loading times in game, its ESO elder scrolls online

the usage of my system:

SSD for only programs/OS (though 3-4 days ago I did a huge mistake rendering a video on SSD, maybe thats why it already reached 1?
HDD for everything, Games, videos, photos etc, and I can say my Seagate runs really good even after 3 years, however my system starts very slow with HDD when set up as boot device, (now I have SSD and starts like lightning) but Hard disks designed for mainly storage so I agree its not the HDD's job to start windows faster.

Here is the pictures of my SSD and my HDD, can you guys please tell me the possible lifespan
for both?

https://beta.postimg.org/image/t89tl5c9j/
https://s23.postimg.org/4hawsbssr/HDDvalue.jpg
Both have "Good" rating in general SMART

Thanks in advance

Solution
You are being paranoid over nothing and what you have heard was true for first generation SSD's. A modern SSD will last for years, likely out lasting most hard drives due to the fact there are no moving parts to wear out. Modern SSDs are very reliable, as reliable as any mechanical drive. I have a Samsung SSD that already out lasted a Western Digital Black 1tb drive. So there you go.

Edo4Life

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
I'm not expert but you can expect both to serve you for years to come. HDD's don't wear out so quickly. While the SSD's do wear out faster, they will still work for a very very long time.

You are being paranoid over nothing and what you have heard was true for first generation SSD's. A modern SSD will last for years, likely out lasting most hard drives due to the fact there are no moving parts to wear out. Modern SSDs are very reliable, as reliable as any mechanical drive. I have a Samsung SSD that already out lasted a Western Digital Black 1tb drive. So there you go.

Solution

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Thanks for the replies, I'm not into tech too much so I have basic info about them, can this Wear Leveling Count: 1 be a "starter" counting? like a subscription for a product, lets say I have Office 360 60 days subscription but system starts to count from 59 day, I know this sounds dumb but I want to know,

what things I should do and I souldnt do in SSD and HDD? so I can avoid further issues, I'm resting my system by closing every 4-5 hours, is that helps?

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

ok thanks, I got my answer

Edo4Life

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016

Just use it as you normally would.

USAFRet

Titan
SSD lifespan. Read these:

http://us.hardware.info/reviews/4178/10/hardwareinfo-tests-lifespan-of-samsung-ssd-840-250gb-tlc-ssd-updated-with-final-conclusion-final-update-20-6-2013
"So let's calculate the lifespan. We consider the first uncorrectable error to be the end of the SSD. For the first one that was after 764 TiB of written data, and for the second one that was after 768 TiB of written data. That the two failed so close together could indicate that the lifespan of the Samsung 840 SSDs is fairly constant. However, two SSDs aren't representative of the thousands that are out there.

If we take the 764 TiB and an average of 10 GiB of writes per day, we arrive at a lifespan of 214 years. "

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7173/samsung-ssd-840-evo-review-120gb-250gb-500gb-750gb-1tb-models-tested/3
"Endurance scales linearly with NAND capacity, and the worst case scenario at 50 GiB of writes per day is just under 8 years of constant write endurance"

http://techreport.com/review/26058/the-ssd-endurance-experiment-data-retention-after-600tb/2
"By far the most telling takeaway thus far is the fact that all the drives have endured 600TB of writes without dying. That's an awful lot of data—well over 300GB per day for five years—and far more than typical PC users are ever likely to write to their drives. "

---------------------------------------------
It will last years.

ImperialCavalry

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Thank you man, I will definitly read them,

thanks for all replies, since there's nothing to worry about I will use it as normally,
and sorry if I sounded stupid it just me worries and stresses too much

Thanks again!