Possible Motherboard Issue

Charnondall

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2007
Hey guys,

So ive noticed a little problem with my computer that appears from time to time, ocassionally when starting it up sometimes it simply gets stuck just before it should show the WIn XP logo. Now before i would just shrug it off and reboot, but now when it does it and i reboot, it wipes my overclock settings and resets my bios back to default.

Also the other night i tried plugging my mobile HDD into one of the USB porsts soon as i touched the usb port with the usb plug my computer crashed and the monitor went black. Had to reset it as it wasnt doing anything, but after i reset it i noticed that once again my overclock settings were wiped and again the bios had reverted back to default settings.

The only other thing that i ever noticed that was wierd about my machine is when it does get to the Win XP loading screen it gets stuck while it fades in the logo, then it moves a wee bit then gets stuck again then it moves smoothly after its totally faded in.

A bit of an awkward problem, but anyone get any ideas whats up?

Charnondall

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2007
Spec is a E6750 and its OC'd to 3.2GHZ so not that much, Motherboard is listed in my signature. Anyone else suffered from this kinda thing before?