Question Possible power supply or motherboard problem?

henrique1123

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
Hello, since I built my pc I have a very annoying problem.

It happens randomly, I'm messing with the browser or playing games and suddenly the windows are super slow, everything crashes and after a few seconds the screen goes out.

After that the video card starts to flash a white light, searching the gigabyte website shows that this white light indicates a power problem.

When this problem happens I have to turn the computer off using the button and turn it on again to get it working again.

This problem had stopped about 2 months ago, but today it came back from nowhere and happened 2 times a day, which is very rare, usually when it happened it was 1 to 3 times a week.

I don't know which part may be causing this, I think it could be my source or my motherboard. I didn't do anything different on my computer, like overclocking for example, the problem just came back.

My PC:

• Ryzen 5 1600
  • B450 Aorus Elite
  • RX 580 4Gb Gigabyte
  • Corsair CX550w
  • 16Gb DDR4 2400Mhz
  • 2 SSD / 1 HDD

Below is a video I made a long time ago showing how it happens, at the time I thought the problem was in the video card, I even sent it to RMA but they said that the video card was without problems.

henrique1123

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
I would look at that CX550 PSU. It does look like a PSU issue and it's the part that cause this kind of issues most of the time. Replace that PSU.

This is what I really want to do, I still have the guarantee of this power supply, I think I will send it to the RMA, but first I will wait for the opinion of other people to confirm it.

henrique1123

Prominent
Sep 6, 2019
You can try the GPU in another system if you want and see if it does the same thing but if it doesn't it's your PSU.

The GPU is certainly not. I sent it to the RMA and I was told to do several tests and it was no problem. I think the problem could also be the motherboard, since it could be that it is distributing energy badly or something.