Possible problem with memory or graphic card?

darkpaladin012

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
My problem is mostly just an annoyance that my taskbar will only show the boarders of the taskbar, sometimes and everything else is %100 see through and the whole thing doesnt respond to clicking on it. I tried to take a screenshot but the taskbar didnt appear in the print screen at all when i did one after i caught it messing up again.

This may be unrelated but my world of warcraft also usually takes 5 minutes to open and someone told me that might be a memory error as well. My games do not lag at all but starting them up takes forever.

I thought it could possible be from my hard drive so i upgraded from a western digital blue 500gb to the western digital black 1tb and nothing has changed.

I also tried reloading windows 7 completely and that didnt fix the problem either and I dont have any viruses.

My computer is a AMD FX 6300 6 core 3.5ghz
ram is g.skill ares (i had very good luck with the gs.kill sniper but something is odd about the ares) 8gb DDR3 1600 CL 8
I have a western digital black 1tb
windows 7 64 bit
radeon 6870 HD vapor x

Woody1999

Admirable
Can you explain the problem a bit more? If you can't screenshot it can you at least take a picture with a camera and show us? I don't really understand what it is.

It seems unrelated to the RAM, do you have any graphics cards lying around that you could test with?

Woody

darkpaladin012

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

so I finally got some screen shots and while i was closing the paint program something else happened which i also screen shotted. The problem mostly occurs when i close a program part of my taskbar appears invisible and if i click anywhere on it it doesnt respond. It doesnt happen very often but it is very annoying when it does happen.

So this is what I have done recently:
1) reinstalled OS from CD windows 7 64 bit home basic.
2) I switched out my ram with known good ram from another computer i built (they both use the same ram, same CL, and same voltage).
3) I upgraded my graphic card from a sapphire 6870 hd to a sapphire r9 280 since i needed a better card for video editing/recording while gaming anyways.

the problem still occurs but not as often.

http://imgur.com/RAm8Zib

this happened when i closed paint http://imgur.com/RAm8Zib but all i had to do was open a program and my desktop returned to normal, it also didnt affect my taskbar like the other problem.

Oh, I think that happens to everybody, if you turn on Auto Hide the Task Bar, it will refresh itself when it pops back up. Your buttons are still there and will show back up if you hover over them.

You may try not using a desktop background as well, just a solid color. Desktop Backgrounds have never really worked good since Windows Active Desktop was introduced.

darkpaladin012

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

If i hover back over it or the bottom of the screen then the taskbar wont pop back up, ive also tried doing a ctrl alt + del then ending the explorer.exe and reopening it. When it does happen I have to turn my pc off and back on. Yes I do have auto hide selected in my taskbar but ive never had this problem before and ive owned a pc for 15 years. If its just windows being poop then ill disable it. As for now ill just uncheck the autohide and get back to you if it keeps happening.

TRENDING THREADS