Question Possible problem with my build?

itsawolf195

Honorable
Nov 27, 2017
Hey everyone. I have a weird issue ever since I purchased my PC.

My specifications for gaming are as follows:
Ryzen 5 2600x @ 3.9GHz
MSI Armor 1060 6GB
Ballistix Sport LT 16GB DDR4
SATA SSD

However I have seen severe performance problems, games such as ArmA 3 and DCS are not performing as they should at medium to high settings despite other claims, only averaging about 30 - 40 fps on ArmA and 20 - 25 fps on DCS. Is there a chance that there might be a problem with the GPU? I purchased it second hand from a friend who only had it for 3 months. Should I look at investing into a stronger GPU (especially for DCS)? Or could there be a bigger underlying issue?

Ralston18

Titan
PSU: make, model, wattage, age, condition?

Drives: make, model, capacity, how full?

Power down, unplug, open the case. Ensure that all cables, cards, RAM, jumpers, etc. are fully and firmly in place.

If the case and components are full of and/or covered with dust - clean accordingly.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor (just one at a time) to observe system performance under varying uses.

E.g., sitting idle, light browsing/work, easy gaming, and finally up to the low performing games.

Note what resources are being used, how much is being used, and what is using that resource.

itsawolf195

Honorable
Nov 27, 2017
Hi Ralston.

My PSU is an FSP 650W gold rated PSU, Which according to my research should be more than enough for my build.

The SSD where I have my games on still has about 70ish Gigs of storage left.

I clean my PC monthly as we have a lot of dust as well as pets.

I have attached screenshots of the in-game performance, Settings I used, as well as casual browsing.

I have also included my HW Monitor stats after about 20 minutes of DCS gameplay.

The only problem I seem to notice is the RAM, as everything else is performing without a problem.

itsawolf195

Honorable
Nov 27, 2017
in the casual browsing picture why is your disk at 100% for a while?

I have windows and non important apps running on an HDD since I have had problems in the past with Windows on a SSD, which kept constantly crashing. I am however saving up to buy a 1TB m.2 Drive to use instead, Since the technology is much more stable than it was ~5 years ago.

TRENDING THREADS