[SOLVED] Possible problem with my setup - Ryzen 3600

Tuffi

Reputable
Aug 9, 2017
Hi,
I recently build a custom PC and I noticed that I have 3 red light on my motherboard always on and the CPU temperature is really high (65° to 76°) even when the CPU usage is less than 5%.

Here is the specs of my PC.
PSU: Corsair CX550
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GB
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB
SSD: Western Digital WDS500G2B0B WD Blue
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R Tempered

Is normal or there's something wrong with my setup?
PIC1 PIC2

Solution
Indeed, I am using the stock cooler and I have 2 fans
Temperature doesn’t seem bad based on the poor cooling solutions. The stock cooler is adequate, however, it needs sufficient case air flow. I’m not a fan of coolers that blow towards the motherboard because they recirculate hot air. Your case has room for 6 fans and you have 2. There’s a reason there’s room for 6 as it is significantly better than 2. Not sure what you’re expecting your temps to be while doing the bare minimum in cooling your components.
Hi,
I recently build a custom PC and I noticed that I have 3 red light on my motherboard always on and the CPU temperature is really high (65° to 76°) even when the CPU usage is less than 5%.

Here is the specs of my PC.
PSU: Corsair CX550
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI GTX 1650 4GB
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS MAX
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16 GB
SSD: Western Digital WDS500G2B0B WD Blue
Case: Corsair Carbide Series 275R Tempered

Is normal or there's something wrong with my setup?
PIC1 PIC2
I’m guessing you’re using a stock cooler. How many case fans are you using?

Indeed, I am using the stock cooler and I have 2 fans
Temperature doesn’t seem bad based on the poor cooling solutions. The stock cooler is adequate, however, it needs sufficient case air flow. I’m not a fan of coolers that blow towards the motherboard because they recirculate hot air. Your case has room for 6 fans and you have 2. There’s a reason there’s room for 6 as it is significantly better than 2. Not sure what you’re expecting your temps to be while doing the bare minimum in cooling your components.

Solution