Possible PSU issue?

BrosephStalin1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014
This might not be the PSU but I know it's not anything with overheating because I've already ruled that out before posting. But only whenever I'm using my Oculus Rift, after like 5-10 minutes, my pc just completely shuts off. All lights, fans, etc go off and then just come back on after 5 seconds. Could it be I need a better PSU?
SPECS:
Gtx 1070
I7-3770
Biostar b75mu3b
Raidmax hybrid 2 630w PSU
16 gb ram

Solution
Maybe the vr game you play is unoptimized or has a gitch that shuts it down. If it crashed with every game on your pc then it would most likely be psu issue but if it's only with vr then I can't be sure. Maybe it has something to do with your rift?

mdark690

Prominent
Nov 26, 2017
I would do some more research because my computer keeps shutting down and then turning back on and off again upgraded power and harddrive still getting the same! I am going to check my thermal paste on my cpu tomorrow to see if need anymore!. Because I think its my fan that connected to the cpu is going but not wasting anymore cash on upgrading something that not even broken!

BrosephStalin1

Reputable
Nov 18, 2014

I've already tried reseating everything and replacing the thermal paste too to no avail. And the strange thing is that it's only in vr games, nothing else. No other games cause my PC to shut off.

dantej33

Prominent
Nov 14, 2017
Maybe the vr game you play is unoptimized or has a gitch that shuts it down. If it crashed with every game on your pc then it would most likely be psu issue but if it's only with vr then I can't be sure. Maybe it has something to do with your rift?

Solution