Possible PSU Problem? Computer won't wake up when in Hibernate mode.

ticktoc

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014
I have the following Problem:
Recently, my computer will go into hibernate mode and has to be forced off and turned back on.
I went into the bios and disabled wake up with keyboard and Mouse. Nothing changed.

I5-4570-CPU
GA-Z87X-D3H- Motherboard
Crucial M500 SSD OS
WD black 1TB HDD-Storage
Kingston Hyperx 8GB Ram
Corsair CX 430M PSU
Windows 7 SP1 OS

I don't do any gaming, mostly do Video and Photo editing.
My Crucial Drive is down to 28GB. After looking at the tier list of PSU's I see that the Corsair PSU
is low on the list. Tier 4 I believe. Do you think my power supply could be going bad, or could it be that my SSD is getting low on space. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
Hibernate and standby modes have always had some sort of issue with every version of windows I have seen over the years.
I am for ever telling my customers that you are best to avoid it wherever possible.

Sure you get your system to wake up and be in a usable state faster than if you booted from a full power off state but often the cached standby data gets corrupted or something else goes wrong.
Also long term windows will slow down if left running for days on end. A full shutdown and restart each time is the most reliable option imo.

JobCreator

Honorable
Apr 18, 2013
You may need to hit the power button to wake it up. Keybo/mouse may not trigger it. Try just pushing the power button once when it goes into hibernate to see if it will wake up. Don't hold it down, just press it like you were going to power the system on.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
Hibernate and standby modes have always had some sort of issue with every version of windows I have seen over the years.
I am for ever telling my customers that you are best to avoid it wherever possible.

Sure you get your system to wake up and be in a usable state faster than if you booted from a full power off state but often the cached standby data gets corrupted or something else goes wrong.
Also long term windows will slow down if left running for days on end. A full shutdown and restart each time is the most reliable option imo.

Solution

ticktoc

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

I can wake it up by doing what you just said. But recently, it has to be fully shut down before it will boot into windows. Thanks for the reply.

ticktoc

Honorable
Feb 10, 2014

I think you are right on with that. I sometimes forget to shut it down and makes it aggravating. I am going to upgrade My PSU, and add more ram and more hard drives. I am looking at the Seasonic M2-ii 620w. Thanks for confirming what I suspected all along.

TRENDING THREADS