Possible Registy Invader?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krazie Combes

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
I was cleaning\tweaking my registry and found a extra entry. I search windows online and tom's plus some other sites and found no word of it, I was hoping someone could help me and Betty {my pc}.

SfTracingState REG_DWORD 0X0000001 {1}
:ouch:
Please and TY, Kindred

Out of the thousands and thousands of values and strings in the registry, what makes you think THAT particular one is anything to be worried about and why in the world would you be performing maintenance in the registry anyhow. If you were knowledgeable enough to be making edits in the registry reliably, you would also be knowledgeable enough to know what that string was related to.

If you are using CCleaner or another utility, you're just rolling the dice. Those utilities are widely known to completely bork systems if the wrong entry is removed or changed. So long as you have both a good antivirus AND malware scanner installed and configured for real time scanning, along with running an occasional root kit scan, you shouldn't have much if anything to worry about.

SfTracingState is related to SuperFetch, and is an integral part of windows.

Krazie Combes

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
No I dont't relay on those cleaners or other utilities ( thought i did at one time like system mechanic for win 7). I am a old school Computer graduate that's just trying to learn the newer windows and basic Registry, I came from windows 7. So sorry to offend you. Making you angry over the fact that I had the nerve to even ask. I wasn't looking for a troll fight. Just asking a question where I guess I'll look else for now on, so the answer don't come in form of a degrading speech, not to insult people of my condition for having forgetful memory.
SO; I am sorry to offend you with a question from a old dog programmer trying to stay up to date. No insult to at all. AND YOUR A MODERATOR, NOT NICE BUSINESS PRACTICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.