[SOLVED] Possible screen issue on Acer Nitro laptop ?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Mod Edit: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-53 laptop - LCD screen pushes back on bottom of display if sufficient pressure is applied ?

Hi all,

I was cleaning my LCD screen with a damp microfiber cloth and tried getting the stains on the bottom of the screen which required more pressure.

However I noticed with enough pressure the bottom of the screen slightly "pushed back" but went back to it's original position when I stopped applying pressure.

The screen works completely fine right now and I see no dead pixels.

Is this normal?

Solution
It is normal. There is liquid crystal between the glass and you are displacing the liquid crystals with pressure. Applying ANY kind of pressure on a lcd screen is not advisable and can cause all kinds of problems from permanent ripples, dark spots, stuck pixels etc.

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
It is normal. There is liquid crystal between the glass and you are displacing the liquid crystals with pressure. Applying ANY kind of pressure on a lcd screen is not advisable and can cause all kinds of problems from permanent ripples, dark spots, stuck pixels etc.
Thank you, also I've been trying to use a microfiber cloth dampened with water and it always seems to leave become some "white dust/lint" when I shine a light on it.

Will some microfiber always leave some particles behind when wet and should I not worry about a bit of dust under light?

Any material with fiber in it will leave a trace of itself behind. If you are going to use water make sure you wring the water out of the microfiber before use. Use a circular motion in stead of pressing up and down. Be sure to make sure you do not get any moisture in the edges/corners of the screen.

Reactions: ShangWang

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Any material with fiber in it will leave a trace of itself behind. If you are going to use water make sure you wring the water out of the microfiber before use. Use a circular motion in stead of pressing up and down. Be sure to make sure you do not get any moisture in the edges/corners of the screen.
I have had to apply some moisture to the edges to get rid of stains there, should be generally ok if the system is off and water doesn't drip off the edges?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
Yes if you are aware of the moisture you will be fine.
Hello, I ran into a little bit of water problems and was hoping you could bring some insight.

I had just a little splash on the bottom of my monitor, but I quickly wiped the water off.
https://prnt.sc/1uk7owi
Generally do you think water would be able to seep in there and if just a LITTLE bit did to not notice any difference in pixel damage or light distortion the water will evaporate itself overtime and won't be an issue long term?

ShangWang

Respectable
Mar 26, 2021
I think you should be fine. A quick clean up with a paper towel to absorb any standing water and you should be ok. Do not press against the screen while cleaning that may allow moisture do seep in along the pressure point.
Thanks, my laptop is already dry on the surface to where I pointed at. I would personally not ever use paper towel because that will scratch your screen and leave debris. I used microfiber.

If I can't see the water anymore even though it MIGHT have possibly seeped in will it evaporate by itself and I'll be fine overtime?