[SOLVED] Possible to upgrade my old HP Z1 G2 AIO Workstation?

Dec 7, 2019
Model: HP Z1 G2 Touch Workstation
CPU: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1226 v3 @ 3.3GHz 3.3GHz
GPU: NVIDA Quandro K2100M
Ram: 8.00GB (7.76GB useable)
System Type: 64 - bit Operating System

It is now quite slow when I use it to play Dota 2 at the lowest settings and multi-tasking with multiple tabs opened.
If possible I would like to upgrade it to be able to play at decent settings and also work on some light photo shopping. I have looked at some old articles that the HP Z1 G2 is very easy to upgrade. So I now want to know is there value in upgrading or just scrape it.
I hope to keep using the HPZ1G2 workstation as my monitor because it is touch screen and has 2560x1440 resolution.

Solution
Looks like the Quadro is an MXM card, so not worth trying to upgrade that since MXM cards are expensive if you can even find them in retail.

CPU is a quad core Haswell with no Hyperthreading. Starting to look dated, but your usage isn't overly strenuous.

Does the machine have an SSD? That would certainly make it more snappy, and the SSD can be carried over to a new build down the road.

Have you monitored/logged RAM usage while gaming/photoshopping?
Looks like the Quadro is an MXM card, so not worth trying to upgrade that since MXM cards are expensive if you can even find them in retail.

CPU is a quad core Haswell with no Hyperthreading. Starting to look dated, but your usage isn't overly strenuous.

Does the machine have an SSD? That would certainly make it more snappy, and the SSD can be carried over to a new build down the road.

Have you monitored/logged RAM usage while gaming/photoshopping?

Solution
Dec 7, 2019
Just playing Dota 2 make my RAM and CPU at 80% and GPU at 100%.
In that case I shall pass on the computer to my parents for them to do some light browsing and to watch YouTube.

Dec 7, 2019
Just playing Dota 2 make my RAM and CPU at 80% and GPU at 100%.
In that case I shall pass on the computer to my parents for them to do some light browsing and to watch YouTube.
Thank you for your advice.

Yes. On eBay etc, you can usually pick up refurbished business class Dell, hp etc systems with i7s fairly cheap that companies are selling off.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-Optiplex-9010-Mini-Tower-MT-PC-Intel-Core-i7-3770-3-40GHz-4GB-RAM-250GB-HDD/133238832234?_trkparms=ispr=1&hash=item1f05a73c6a:g:t88AAOSwq41dzGDO

Something like that should let you upgrade ram, gpu, etc. I got one for my wife that the organization we work for was disposing of. 8gb of ram, though I have another 8 to install in it, and a 500gb sata ssd, that system flies for the small amount of money invested. I put an old EVGA 600 watt power supply I had into it. Not much doubt if I put a 1060 or similar card in there, it would probably be a decent gaming box.