Question Possible to write an OS X Image to USB thumb drive?

Hello,

I have an iMac 20" (mid 2007) with Linux Mint on it and I need to install back OS X to get my new HP scanner working. I'd shred my OS X DVD couples months ago. I look into internet and all the tutorials that I was able to find about that required me to have a working Mac with OS X or a Windows PC, I'd doesn't have any of those two things here. I've got the .dmg image from Apple but after having flashed the USB thumb drive with balena etcher, this last one doesn't seem to be bootable because the only boot device that the iMac is able to see is actually his 250GB HDD.

Please, I need some help.

Regards,

Guillaume

Hej,

To be honnest, I've tries 1001 things, from .dmg from Apple website to .iso issue from torrenting, tries to flash the thumb drive with balena Etcher and also using terminal command, every time I've got a successful copy but, the iMac doesn't see the thumb drive because it is not bootable at the moment.

The challenge is, I doesn't have access to another "working" Mac with a functional OS X os. all I've got here is Linux. Everything that I was able to find by searching the web during several hours required a working Mac with an Apple os, I'd also give a try to
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install createinstallmedia
just in case if there an createinstallmedia package available for Linux, no chance... 😲

Thanks!