Question Possible upgrade for intel core i5-2300

Apr 20, 2019
I have the following specs.
AsusTek mobo
Corsair Cx 600 PSU
AMD HD 5450 for my GPU. I'm upgrading this after I'm done upgrading my CPU to avoid bottle necking. I also have 8 GB ram

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
We need to know either which Pre-Built PC the CPU upgrade will be going into, or what motherboard you have if this is a custom built PC.

But the lowly i5-2300 can itself handle a much faster card than the old HD-5450 you have now, if you want to only upgrade the GPU. Maybe as much as a GTX 1050... or even 1050 Ti (with only minimal bottleneck. And then only in certain games).

Apr 20, 2019
We need to know either which Pre-Built PC the CPU upgrade will be going into, or what motherboard you have if this is a custom built PC.

But the lowly i5-2300 can itself handle a much faster card than the old HD-5450 you have now, if you want to only upgrade the GPU. Maybe as much as a GTX 1050... or even 1050 Ti (with only minimal bottleneck. And then only in certain games).
That is lieterally the only answer I needed. as I was going to purchase the gtx 1050 ti later on and thought that the CPU would bottleneck the GPU. thank you so much

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
There will indeed be some CPU bottleneck eith the GTX 1050 Ti, but not enough (IMO) to make it a deal breaker. And in games that are more CPU-limited, the extra graphics performance will shine through. That would be the card I would choose if the system were mine.

If you play multiplayer AAA games on a busy server with lots of players, your CPU will defintly be your weakest link. But that is as it is... as they say.

Apr 20, 2019
There will indeed be some CPU bottleneck eith the GTX 1050 Ti, but not enough (IMO) to make it a deal breaker. And in games that are more CPU-limited, the extra graphics performance will shine through. That would be the card I would choose if the system were mine.

If you play multiplayer AAA games on a busy server with lots of players, your CPU will defintly be your weakest link. But that is as it is... as they say.
I

would it be able to handle games like fortnite and Apex?