[SOLVED] Possible virus, how do i remove?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio31

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
I downloaded software called pinicle game profiler, I tried installing the exe and mid point of its install the installer window minimized and would not let me see its install.
After that my desctop went blank, there is no installed program in uninstall programs but in task menu it's saying Firefox is running but I don't have it installed, opening file location opens a folder called greenstream, but after tens seconds it force closes and can't get back into it. The Firefox file name is just random letters.

Tried avast for virus scan and ccleaner for registry but nothing showing up. Firefox is showing up as a startup program but it's not in add and remove programs.

Any idea's?

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I wasn't familiar with the program. When looking it up it appears to be a controller integrator, among other things, and seems to be a paid program, as in you bought a key. There are various post topics asking if it's a virus, lol.

It appears the "help" forum is down, and I see a great deal of complaint comments regarding people paying but not getting the activation key....Doesn't bode particular well, but I would see if you can contact them and ask directly, or search more about the install and use process.

Audio31

Reputable
Feb 10, 2017
I wasn't familiar with the program. When looking it up it appears to be a controller integrator, among other things, and seems to be a paid program, as in you bought a key. There are various post topics asking if it's a virus, lol.

It appears the "help" forum is down, and I see a great deal of complaint comments regarding people paying but not getting the activation key....Doesn't bode particular well, but I would see if you can contact them and ask directly, or search more about the install and use process.
I got the free version, it's supposed to be to offer game ready controller support for games that don't have native support, I usually use joy2key or other but thought I'd try it.

The behavior you described does not sound legit...

I'd flatten the installation, and start over....(or perhaps you have a saved restore point from a few days before the installation?)

(And learn to use the keyboard and mouse, which are far superior than any controller!) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts