Question Possibly broken 3,5mm plug

Mister Infinity

Honorable
Oct 4, 2013
So I have connected to the back 3,5mm output of my motherboard a 2.1 system and i use the case 3.5mm out for my headphones(audio technica mx30). Unfortunately I tripped on the headphone wire sending them on the ground.Fortunately nothing broke, the sound fine. The problem is with the case plug(i think).When i plug the headphones in, win10 doesn't recognize them, the popup on the down right corner asking me what i plug in does not appear. The thing is that the headphones do work if i connect them on my phone/another computer/the back of my computer(mobo output) OR if I use a 3.5mm extension cable and connect them on my front case plug. The plug also works with every other headphones/ speakers i have in my house. How can this be?The plug and the headphones work fine with every other piece of equipment but not with each other except if i use a extension 3.5mm cable in between them?? I am completely amazed about the situation and 100% positive that i am not mistaking something.Ofcourse and i have restarted teh computer, reinstall realtek drivers. I am sure something bend when i tripped on the wire because if i plug in the headphones and start fidgeting around on the connector i can get it to show up but I cant visually see the damage.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador