justsp

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
I have an ASUS P8B75 M-LX, and a Gigabyte GTX1060. One of those two must have been burnt.

I hadn't cleaned the inside or change thermal paste for some time, so it was time for some cleaning.
I removed everything, cleaned the dust, changed the paste, connected them all again, checked one final time, time to boot.
Nothing. I open the case again, check everything that is fine, boot again, nothing. No post, no signal, nothing.
I removed the GPU and used the on-board graphics, it went to post. Unfortunately I had removed all peripherals, so I turned it off to connect keyboard and mouse. Upon turning it on, no signal again.

I then disconnected all components. Plugged in the PSU to the motherboard and tried to power it up with a screwdriver, didn't work.
Then I plugged in the CPU and it started beeping for RAM. Seemed weird that it couldn't even power without processor.
RAMs in and back to our main problem, no signal, no beep for post.

By now I'm 95% sure that MB is dead, probably the GPU too, but what could have caused it? I took every measure when cleaning it or applying paste.

Also, is there anything else I haven't tried?

Solution
So, what I hadn't done is remove only one of the RAMs and check if either is damaged.
Turns out it works just fine with only one RAM. The other one is fried, I guess.

Ralston18

Titan
" Plugged in the PSU to the motherboard and tried to power it up with a screwdriver" - what did you touch/do?

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Try a new CMOS battery.

Remove GPU and try to boot with integrated graphics.

Try booting into safe mode.

justsp

Prominent
Feb 12, 2018
So, what I hadn't done is remove only one of the RAMs and check if either is damaged.
Turns out it works just fine with only one RAM. The other one is fried, I guess.

Solution