Possibly Deleted BIOS and unable to install Windows 7 PLEASE HELP

Popcornface

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
Okay, so I have a friend named Jon who downloaded a real nasty virus on accident. He's not new to computers in any way, but he's not that skilled either. Anyways, Jon came over to my house so that I could help him with his problem, and told me he was tired of all the crap he had on his PC, so we decided to format his laptop. Anyways, after disabling Legacyboot and turning off Safeboot in the BIOS, we popped in my Windows 7 disk I had for emergencies (Hasn't been used), and we were prompted with 4 drives with data on them. Apparently, I couldn't install Windows 7 on any of them unless all the data on them was wiped clean, so I deleted all the drives, and was finally able to start installation on his :C drive. So everything's good so far, we're having a good time at my house, it's a bit late, but overall we're having a blast. Well, during the part of the Windows 7 installation where it "Expands Files", we decided to take a break and eat some pizza and light off a "Victory Sparkler". Dumb, I know. Anyways, we go back to the computer and notice that his laptop is stuck on a screen that says "Selected Boot Image did Not Authenticate". We thought "Well, this laptop MIGHT be screwed". We restart the computer, and get the same screen with the "Selected Boot Image Did Not Authenticate". We're starting to worry quite a bit at this point. We took out the Windows 7 boot disc and restarted it again. We were prompted with a screen that had a black background and this text: "Boot device not found Please install an operating system on your hard disk
Hard Disk (3F0)
F2 System Diagnostics
For more information, visit: www.hp.com\go\techcenter\startup". When I pressed F2 I was prompted with three options "Hard Disk Check
Memory Test
Language".

I've tried alot. The link was no help. Oh, and sorry for the long story, it was just best explained that way.

Some things to take into account:

-Jon's laptop was originally Windows 8. It now has no operating system installed on it.
-I turned off Safeboot and disabled Legacyboot before we wiped the disks clean.
-We weren't actively watching the Windows 7 installation while it expanded the files. We just came back and were given the "Selected Boot Image did not Authenticate".

Please help, I'm in a bit of a doozy right now. Jon has been a bad spender when it comes to money, and I convinced him to start working towards a Gaming Desktop like the one I worked for, but untill May when he can get the money, he is Computer-less. I'm 13 and Jon's 14, so getting legit jobs is a bit out of the question. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you actually read all of it, thank you :)

Would that windows 7 disk you were on about happen to be an oem version.
An oem version is normally provided with a pre bulit computer or some laptops.

And the actual installation of windows 7 is only for that machine.
because it is an image of windows 7 that incorporates all the drivers for the set hardware of it.

If an Oem version of windows 7 does not find the matching hardware.
Then it will not validate the windows licence key. As the hardware has changed.
"Selected Boot Image did not Authenticate".

And legacy boot should be enabled not disabled.
A dvd or cd drive is a legacy device.
That could be part of the problem to do with "Selected Boot Image did not Authenticate". because if it was an oem version it would of activated or injected the windows licence key if you were not required to type one in.

But due to the error, if the disk is an Oem version simply it is tied to the machine it was men`t for, and will not validate or activate the windows licence key. Because the hardware of your friends laptop does not match.