Question Possibly dying motherboard? Help!

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
So recently my pc has been doing this thing where it will black screen, tells me no display, but all LED’s and fans stay on and my case buttons and USB’s no longer work. The only way to turn the pc off is to flip the switch on the psu. I tried replacing ram, it did it without a gpu in it, with a different gpu in it as well. I tried just 1 ram stick, in different slots as well. Sometimes I don’t even get to post. Other times it’s on for 10 minutes and does it. I tried a different PCIE slot as well, still the same result. Would you suspect this is a dying motherboard? My only other guess would be the PSU but the PC stays on so it can’t be that right? My specs are below:
Ryzen 3700x
Msi b550 Gaming Edge WiFi
Corsair h100i cooler
32gb DDR4 Corsair (16x2)
RTX 2070 super
1tb SSD
NZXT h510 case
RM850x power supply

I'd suspect a dying motherboard...but I'd try resetting the BIOS just for the heck of it.
....and just because the PC stays on doesn't mean it's not the PSU...but I would still lean on it being the motherboard just because I've had this be the MB more often than not in the past.

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
I'd suspect a dying motherboard...but I'd try resetting the BIOS just for the heck of it.
....and just because the PC stays on doesn't mean it's not the PSU...but I would still lean on it being the motherboard just because I've had this be the MB more often than not in the past.

thats exactly what I was thinking. I did update bios and flash. Also did a cmos reset as well. Still nothing helping. This build is about a month old only. I’m also being told that this motherboard I bought isn’t the best one either.

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017

Is It also worth mentioning that when this happens, my RAM in my motherboard, THE LED's on those also stay on?

Is It also worth mentioning that when this happens, my RAM in my motherboard, THE LED's on those also stay on?
All I'm saying is that if it was me I would suspect the MB. It sounds like you've eliminated the RAM and GPU. It doesn't sound like a software issue. It might be the PSU...but more often than not it's the MB (in my world anyway). If it's only a month old I would RMA it.

yaboibaron

Reputable
Oct 12, 2017
All I'm saying is that if it was me I would suspect the MB. It sounds like you've eliminated the RAM and GPU. It doesn't sound like a software issue. It might be the PSU...but more often than not it's the MB (in my world anyway). If it's only a month old I would RMA it.
Yeah I’m definitely going to RMA it. After all those issues, my pc has stayed on for about 4 hours now no issues. So weird. Definitely getting that looked at