Question Possibly failing GPU?

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
I have had an Asrock RX 5600xt for a few years now. I have started noticing some odd issues that I'm not sure how to diagnose what the root issue is. If I have a video on either monitor, they will start to lag and eventually begin buffering unless I lower the res, my games will stutter if I have a video on my second monitor, have atypical driver crashes from time to time, and Adrenaline won't detect new drivers anymore, although it detects I have a 5600xt. I used to have an auto OC applied, but I have had that disabled for quite some time now. As far as I can tell, it is not thermal throttling. I have also noticed that sometimes Chrome will crash and site insufficient RAM, however task manager will say otherwise. Could this truly be a RAM issue, or could this relate to vRAM?

Thanks.

What resolution are the monitors running at?

Your instinct is likely correct that this is a VRAM issue or potentially just a RAM issue. YouTube uses a lot of GPU resources ever since they pushed the new Codecs so you will definitely notice performance issues when watching videos over 1080p with a game running on another monitor since the 5600xt only has 6gb of VRAM

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
What resolution are the monitors running at?

Your instinct is likely correct that this is a VRAM issue or potentially just a RAM issue. YouTube uses a lot of GPU resources ever since they pushed the new Codecs so you will definitely notice performance issues when watching videos over 1080p with a game running on another monitor since the 5600xt only has 6gb of VRAM
My monitors are both running at 1080p currently, my secondary at 60hz and my primary at 75hz if that makes any difference