Sep 18, 2021
Hello, I recently bought a new RAM stick. Currently I have a 8gb 2666mhz UDIMM ram stick, and was looking for an upgrade, so I decided to purchase a corsair value select 2666mhz 16gb DIMM to add to my ram. I knew sometimes mixing ram wouldn't work, so thats why I decided on 16gb, but decided to keep the speed the same, since my CPU supposedly won't support higher.
Now my first problem arose when I put it into the 2nd slot of my motherboard, it should support dual channel, and it shouldn't have any combability problems. When I booted my computer though, I was face to face with the normal boot up screen. After loading a little, at the moment it should boot up to the windows login screen, I instantly got a blue screen. I got a bit worried and just waited for it to boot again. I waited for it to boot a few times, but then I realized it will not boot, since I got around 5 different blue screen errors. I tried the ram on the first slot, alone and with the older ram, and nothing changed. The blue screen errors I got were: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It would just keep repeating and repeating these blue screens until I decided to make it stop rebooting. Sometimes it would just shut itself down before the login screen instead of showing a blue screen. At this time of rebooting, it would also disconnect my USBs momentarily, don't know if this is normal during a boot up, but it made it very difficult to try to get to bios and diagnostics. Once I got into Lenovo diagnostics, I decided to do a diagnostics test on my memory. I could see the specs and everything of the new RAM in BIOS, but when I tried to run a diagnostics, the diagnostics would always fail when it would come to the new RAM. I've had previous problems with USB that could've been related to my motherboard, but I'm not sure if this is my motherboards fault, or that the RAM stick I purchased is faulty. I also can't seem to be able to change the speed of the new RAM or old RAM from the diagnostics or BIOS, but I might just be blind that I didn't see that I could change it. If you have any questions about specs or anything like that that would help you figure out whats wrong with my computer, I'll gladly answer.

Hello, I recently bought a new RAM stick. Currently I have a 8gb 2666mhz UDIMM ram stick, and was looking for an upgrade, so I decided to purchase a corsair value select 2666mhz 16gb DIMM to add to my ram. I knew sometimes mixing ram wouldn't work, so thats why I decided on 16gb, but decided to keep the speed the same, since my CPU supposedly won't support higher.
Now my first problem arose when I put it into the 2nd slot of my motherboard, it should support dual channel, and it shouldn't have any combability problems. When I booted my computer though, I was face to face with the normal boot up screen. After loading a little, at the moment it should boot up to the windows login screen, I instantly got a blue screen. I got a bit worried and just waited for it to boot again. I waited for it to boot a few times, but then I realized it will not boot, since I got around 5 different blue screen errors. I tried the ram on the first slot, alone and with the older ram, and nothing changed. The blue screen errors I got were: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, KERNEL_MODE_HEAP_CORRUPTION, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It would just keep repeating and repeating these blue screens until I decided to make it stop rebooting. Sometimes it would just shut itself down before the login screen instead of showing a blue screen. At this time of rebooting, it would also disconnect my USBs momentarily, don't know if this is normal during a boot up, but it made it very difficult to try to get to bios and diagnostics. Once I got into Lenovo diagnostics, I decided to do a diagnostics test on my memory. I could see the specs and everything of the new RAM in BIOS, but when I tried to run a diagnostics, the diagnostics would always fail when it would come to the new RAM. I've had previous problems with USB that could've been related to my motherboard, but I'm not sure if this is my motherboards fault, or that the RAM stick I purchased is faulty. I also can't seem to be able to change the speed of the new RAM or old RAM from the diagnostics or BIOS, but I might just be blind that I didn't see that I could change it. If you have any questions about specs or anything like that that would help you figure out whats wrong with my computer, I'll gladly answer.
full system specs please?

Sep 18, 2021
full system specs please?

AMD Ryzen 2400G
GTX 1050 2GB
Lenovo Legion 7000P AM4B450 MW AMD B450
Kingston ValueRAM 8GB 2666mhz DDR4 CL19 DIMM
512GB PCle-SSD, 2TB External Seagate HDD
Don't know the brand, but I have a 450W PSU. I can check the brand if it's needed.

New rams specs are also if needed: Corsair Valueselect 16GB 2666mhz DDR4 CL18 DIMM