Question Possibly Fried Fan LEDs by Plugging Them In Troubleshooting

maxisme543

Prominent
Sep 12, 2018
I recently got the MF120R adressable RGB fan. I plugged it into my RGB cable splitter, which is plugged into my D_LED1 RGB connector on my Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite. It worked fine. I then realised that the D_LED2 connector was close enough to be connected to my fan. I decided connect it to that one instead, so I could control it seperately. I connected it, booted my PC, but only 2 blue LEDs were showing on my fan (one fainter than the other). I opened RGB Fusion, but had no luck getting it to work properly. I connected it back to the RGB cable splitter, but the LEDs were still not working properly. I couldn't even get them to turn off!

What exactly is going on? Is the RGB connector on my motherboard broken, and causing issues on my fan, or is it some weird software bug? All of my other RGB fans connected to the RGB cable splitter are doing fine. I'm also using an older version of RGB fusion, because the new one is terrible.

Thanks for any help!

RealBeast

Titan
Try taking a look at the bios peripherals section of your manual at page 33 to insure the bios settings are correct. It is possible to damage the LEDs if incorrectly attached, but if you were careful that should not be an issue. If the settings look okay, consider a bios reset.

TRENDING THREADS