Tocoe

Commendable
Aug 31, 2019
Would really appreciate some help with this, I’m pretty new to building and I’m honestly kinda stumped.

SPEC:
MoBo: Gigabyte x570 elite
CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x
Memory: Corsair vengeance RGB 3200
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 8gbi
Storage: Samsung 870 EVO M.2 NvME
PSU: Corsair AX850
Cooler: H100i liquid cooling

THE SITUATION:
I got lights and fans running fine on boot, no video output.

Things I’ve Tried:
  • DVI output from GPU
  • HDMI output from GPU
  • HDMI output from MoBo (with GPU removed.)
  • resetting cmos
  • checking power cables thoroughly
  • booting with single RAM module through both dimm (tried this with 2 different ram sticks also.)
  • booting with no USB devices (aside from internal headers for cooling and IO.)

Some other notes:
  • I don’t have debugging led or speaker on the MoBo (I can get a speaker tomorrow if needed, just hoping someone can offer some tips in the meantime.)
  • CPU was VERY carefully mounted and locked into place, I’m positive no pins were bent in the process.
  • I’ve been testing on a TV (HDMI-to-DVI for the DVI GPU output test.)

I’d be super thankful for any pointers/troubleshooting tips . If this is a faulty part I’m just hoping it’s not the CPU because the Ryzen stock in Australia has been super short as of late.

Solution
Remove the H100i, use the stock AMD cooler. Use the regular monitor with HDMI port, don't use any adapter.
Then try these troubleshooting steps:

I think the problem either from the MB or RAM.
Aug 25, 2019
BIOS update ?

Board has a Update-Button to update without CPU I think. Read the instructions on the Gigabyte page carefully and follow them when you do.

Remove the H100i, use the stock AMD cooler. Use the regular monitor with HDMI port, don't use any adapter.

Solution

Tocoe

Commendable
Aug 31, 2019

I'm going to breadboard it tomorrow and try the stock cooler. Aside from the steps involving mobo debug beeps, I've done everything on that step-by-step list. I also tried with a normal HDMI to monitor with no luck.

Tocoe

Commendable
Aug 31, 2019

Okay so you had the right idea with the stock cooler, I just breadboarded with stock cooler and I posted! Thanks heaps for the help!

Btw, is motherboard compatability a known issue for the H100i? If so, can I get it to work after win10?