[SOLVED] Post Christmas sales

Dec 2, 2019
I’m trying to figure out whether it’s worth waiting for post Christmas sales before pulling the trigger on a new GPU, but I can’t find anything conforming whether GPU costs are usually affected by these sales.

Havent bought a new card before, looking at an RTX 2070 super of some make, but Black Friday and cyber Monday deals have proven to be limited.

Not sure if it’s worth waiting until the post Christmas sales so would appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

Solution
hard to say.
if you want the card sooner than later, but don't want to wait forever for some kind of random sale, then I would say since Christmas isn't that far away, to wait for Christmas and Post Christmas sales.
and if nothing shows up for what you want, then don't bother waiting anymore and get the best deal you can.

Try using PCPP to find the best price for something NOT during sales (since it may not properly update during holidays) and use the browser extension Honey on different sites coupled with that to see if you can snag a discount (again, NOT when holiday sales are happening)

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
hard to say.
if you want the card sooner than later, but don't want to wait forever for some kind of random sale, then I would say since Christmas isn't that far away, to wait for Christmas and Post Christmas sales.
and if nothing shows up for what you want, then don't bother waiting anymore and get the best deal you can.

Try using PCPP to find the best price for something NOT during sales (since it may not properly update during holidays) and use the browser extension Honey on different sites coupled with that to see if you can snag a discount (again, NOT when holiday sales are happening)

Solution
Dec 2, 2019
Thanks for this, yeah Christmas isn’t too far away so might as well just wait.

I guess I was partly asking as there is a Palit game rock going for £460, but I’m not sure if it’s likely that post Christmas sales will offer anything better. Like you say it’s hard to tell