Jun 10, 2018
CPU: RYZEN R9 5950X
Motherboard: ASUS Crossfire Hero VIII Extreme
RAM: 64g of Corsair Dominator platinum
SSD/HD: 5 m.2 gen 4
GPU: AMD 6800xt
PSU: ASUS THOR 850 3 months old
CHASSIS: Corsair 7000D Airflow

I have an issue I’ve not come across before. Issue is this: post code 94 load vga bios message on liveview oled. Everything has been working for months. Last night I rebooted to look at some settings in bios and when it rebooted it came up with that error. Things I’ve done, swapped GPU with a 3070,cleared CMOS, reseated everything. Now I’ve found if I turn off pc, unplug PSU and then plug it back in it boots normally with no issue. But it will not unless I do that.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if you're able to get into BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? Please include the age of the PSU. It seems to me that you might be havigna grounding issue, if you need to deal with the mains(disconnect/reconnect to the wall outlet).

Reactions: commizzar

commizzar

Reputable
Jun 10, 2018
Can you please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

if you're able to get into BIOS, can you check and see what BIOS version you're on at the time of writing? Please include the age of the PSU. It seems to me that you might be havigna grounding issue, if you need to deal with the mains(disconnect/reconnect to the wall outlet).
CPU: RYZEN R9 5950X
Motherboard: ASUS Crossfire Hero VIII Extreme
RAM: 64g of Corsair Dominator platinum
SSD/HD: 5 m.2 gen 4
GPU: AMD 6800xt
PSU: ASUS THOR 850 3 months old
CHASSIS: Corsair 7000D Airflow