[SOLVED] POST failure after changing RAM speed to 3200Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2931289

Hello,

First of all I just built an almost completely new PC. It's just the GPU and RAM that I moved from the old one.

Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
T-FORCE DELTA TUF Gaming Alliance RGB DDR4 3200Mhz
ASUS TUF B550 Plus
AMD Radeon RX6600
Corsair CV650 PSU

or

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/krowosewe/saved/2tVVFT

Yesterday I booted my PC up for the first time. Got into BIOS first try, everything seemed to be working fine until I tried changing my RAM speed from the auto 2400 to 3200Mhz. After that trying to restart the PC it immediately POSTed and failed so I just pressed F1 to enter setup and loaded the defaults in my BIOS. After resetting my BIOS everything worked fine. The motherboard is updated to the latest BIOS. If any additional info is required I'll do every little thing to get it to work on higher speeds. So the final request would be to get it to work without any issue like this on 3200Mhz.

D

Deleted member 2931289

Page 1-10 of the English instructions recommends A2 and B2 when running 2 DIMMS. This is what I’d expect.
You are right, I missed that. I'll try doing that as soon as I get home, I'll update you in like 2 hours. I was just always used to A1 and B1 and never had any problems.

D

Deleted member 2931289

Page 1-10 of the English instructions recommends A2 and B2 when running 2 DIMMS. This is what I’d expect.
I forgot to post here, I've been obsessed with the PC in the past few days. So it did the trick, thank you for the help. Such small things make a big difference I guess, and anyone else having this issue should check their mobo manual. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.