I've built a system 2 years ago but recently running into some issues

Specs:

ROG STRIX Z370I GAMING

INTEL i5 8400 @2.8GHz

16GB RAM(2 X G SKILL TRIDENT Z )

MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11Gb

CORSAIR SF600 (600W)

2 X ssd

Of late while running a slightly intensive program whether it be a game through steam or a VR program using Oculus the pc will power down and immediately try to power on again. But during the reboot the system won't run POST.

This can happen within 5 minutes of starting the program or I can do a whole day without any issues. When this happens I can usually hold down the power button to cycle down the power and boot it back up but lately it won't even POST.

I had a look through the mobo's manual and it listed that the sequence of leds indicate the POST status and it said that 'critical component's LED stays lit up unitl the problem is solved' But on occasions that the POST doesn't work and none of the lights come on ( on successful boot ups the mobo seems to initiate POST sequence as CPU, DRAM, VGA then boot device) so my dilemma is trying to figure out which of the components is comprimised.... I'm guessing either CPU or the mobo)

The frequency of this as increased lately and now I run into the issue where I can try a whole week of powering on and not get through POST. I've unplugged the entire system and powered on to clear the residual power in the system before trying again although it's not 100% that this would work.

Please help :(

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS