[SOLVED] POST problem

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
Okay, my pc is getting stuck at VGA (Graphics)
This started happening suddenly when I got back home.
Most of the time it gets stuck on post, but in rare occasions it boots up normally.

Things i've tried:
  • New RAM
  • New Graphics Card
  • New motherboard
  • New PSU

Specs:
RAM: 2x G.SKILL Aegis 8GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1650

Solution
No, i did not, i got to play like a 3-5 hours and when i went to sleep, waked up, tried after school, it didnt work
Should i reset CMOS, or install a new OS?
both...reset CMOS first.

It's the new motherboard that could be causing problems with the OS setups. If you don't want to be chasing problems like this a fresh OS install is the best thing. Just copy off files you want to save (backup). Games and save-games you should be able to re-install from the game launchers.
Okay, my pc is getting stuck at VGA (Graphics)
This started happening suddenly when I got back home.
Most of the time it gets stuck on post, but in rare occasions it boots up normally.

Things i've tried:
  • New RAM
  • New Graphics Card
  • New motherboard
  • New PSU
Specs:
RAM: 2x G.SKILL Aegis 8GB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200g
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1650
Reset CMOS

What motherboard? and what BIOS version?

Last: a 3200G is an APU so has an internal GPU. Try attaching your monitor to the outputs on the motherboard as well as those on the GPU to see if one might get you to boot.

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
Reset CMOS

What motherboard? and what BIOS version?

Last: a 3200G is an APU so has an internal GPU. Try attaching your monitor to the outputs on the motherboard as well as those on the GPU to see if one might get you to boot.
Motherboard is ASROCK x570 Phantom 4
Bios version is American Megatrends Inc. P3.90, 1/26/2021

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
I believe that BIOS should work with a 3200G.

Just be sure to reset CMOS since you've made these hardware changes. Speaking of: did you fresh install the OS with the new hardware?
No, i did not, i got to play like a 3-5 hours and when i went to sleep, waked up, tried after school, it didnt work

both...reset CMOS first.

It's the new motherboard that could be causing problems with the OS setups. If you don't want to be chasing problems like this a fresh OS install is the best thing. Just copy off files you want to save (backup). Games and save-games you should be able to re-install from the game launchers.

Solution

reio

Prominent
Oct 20, 2021
both...reset CMOS first.

Taking out CMOS and putting it back after 10m seems to have worked, (did like 10 restarts), would you still recommend me a fresh os reinstall?