Post startup Desktop loading time is very very high

sanjitsidhu76

Reputable
Jan 21, 2015
Hey guys..thanks for reading and answering

Like any other person i start my computer and the windows 10 loading screen with the logo and rotating thingy does what it does and then my pc asks for the password and i type it in but after that i see only my wallpaper and after 20 seconds slowly the icons pop up but after that i have to wait like 10 minutes before my action has any effect for example i click on an icon or the anything in the windows bar like libraries .. it takes a lot of time to open.. i do the ctrl+shift+enter..it takes 5 minutes....but after 15 minutes my computer starts working fine but before that its extremely slow..please help and your time is appreciated..thanks again for your help and time and when the task manager open its always like 9 % CPU and 0% disk to 100% disk fluctuations mainly by the anti virus kaspersky

PC SPECS:--
i7 4790k overclocked to 4.4 Ghz with coolermaster liquid cooling sedion v120
2 GTX 970 on SLI
16 gig RAM
Western Digital 1TB hard disk 2x total 2TB
Asus Maximus 7 ranger

and the HDD has been error checked and defragmented and startup has been optimized with windows doctor

Solution
Hi there sanjitsidhu76,

That is unpleasant. :(

What do you mean by error checking? Have you tested the drive with a tool that can provide a SMART report?
In case you haven't, it may be a good idea to do so. You can test the drive with WD's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool. It would be nice if you run both short and extended tests on both drives.
If there is something wrong with any of the drives, I would suggest you to back up the data stored on it.

WD's DLG tool: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=DUIrUc

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)
Hi there sanjitsidhu76,

That is unpleasant. :(

What do you mean by error checking? Have you tested the drive with a tool that can provide a SMART report?
In case you haven't, it may be a good idea to do so. You can test the drive with WD's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool. It would be nice if you run both short and extended tests on both drives.
If there is something wrong with any of the drives, I would suggest you to back up the data stored on it.

WD's DLG tool: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=DUIrUc

Let us know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

Solution