Question POST takes too long(15 seconds) on MSI b450 gaming pro carbon AC board

abpanchali

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
The time my PC is taking to POST(last bios time) is too long. About 15.5 seconds after turning legacy USB support on. Changing from CSM to UEFI, rearranging the boot order. In stock settings, it took 18 seconds. After the BIOS splash screen, it takes another 5 to 6 seconds to boot up windows with is decent for an SSD but the POST is really slow. Also, the CPU debug LED is on for exactly 7 seconds when I turn my PC on first without fail and the VGA debug LED 3 seconds. What could it be that's causing this weird problem. Please help!

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
My MSi X570 MPG Gaming Pro Carbon Wi-Fi also takes about the same time to post, so I do not think it is a problem... They used to have the option to do a fast POST but i could not find it in this BIOS.

abpanchali

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008
My MSi X570 MPG Gaming Pro Carbon Wi-Fi also takes about the same time to post, so I do not think it is a problem... They used to have the option to do a fast POST but i could not find it in this BIOS.
Because my 11-year-old Intel DH55TC board takes 5 seconds and my 5-year-old laptop takes about 3 seconds. Almost any other normal system should not take more than 5 seconds to go to the BIOS splash screen, wouldn't you agree?

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Not necessarily... The newer motherboards are a lot more complex with expanded complicated BIOS as well...

Older BIOS on old PCs just allowed you to change basic features, such as boot order. Now you have over clocking options, UEFI modes, SATA, USB, Bluetooth, wi-fi built-in as well.

Look in your bios settings.
  1. Is there a ram test included? You can bypass that.
  2. Are there motherboard adapters which have no devices attached? If so, disable them. A motherboard must wait for a time out if there is no device attached.
  3. Might there be a dvd drive higher on the boot order?
  4. There is usually a timer which allows you to hit del or f2 to enter the bios
  5. You might reduce this delay.