Discussion Post your best/most impressive overclocking results here!

Welcome to the overclocking results thread.

This thread is for you to post your best/most impressive overclocking results. Heck, you can gripe about poor overclocking results too!

Here you can show off your benchmark results, CPUz or GPUz screenshots, or any other data showing your results.

Discuss on!

overclocking-1200x628.jpg

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
I was just tweaking on my OC's this morning. Still messing with Fire Strike so i'm not done but here are my bench's that i have with my OC dialed in for the most part. Tried to yank every spec of performance out my system.

CPU: 5.1GHz
GPU: +175 Clock | +1325 Memory Clock (8325MHz)
RAM: OC to 3733MHz Command Rate 1

Passmark

Time Spy

Superpostion

Heaven 4.0

Reactions: zx128k
3800x 4.5GHz all cores 1.4 volts second from top LLC IF 1900, 3800 CL14 1.5 volts. https://www.3dmark.com/spy/9590855 Bench only because my system is gpu bound and I just need stock cores, IF 1900 and 3800 CL15. To max out the gpu and 4.4-4.45GHz looks like a safer target when I need it.
I find that very impressive given the limited overclocking headroom of Zen 2 CPUs. I would bet the extra binning of the 3800x was helping you out there.

I was just tweaking on my OC's this morning. Still messing with Fire Strike so i'm not done but here are my bench's that i have with my OC dialed in for the most part. Tried to yank every spec of performance out my system.

CPU: 5.1GHz
GPU: +175 Clock | +1325 Memory Clock (8325MHz)
RAM: OC to 3733MHz Command Rate 1

Passmark

Time Spy

Superpostion

Heaven 4.0
Nice. 5.1ghz is pretty nice, although could you squeeze more out of your CPU or are you running into a temp wall?

Notorious^

Reputable
Feb 17, 2019
I had spent a few hours messing with voltage on the CPU OC. @ 5GHz i started at 1.35 volts and worked it down till i got a BSOD. was able to run every benchmark (so far) @ 1.21 volts cutting down the heat a bit. I got a BSOD @ 1.19 votls so backed it up to 1.21.

@ 5.1GHz i increased it a tad to 1.23v and was able to run everything. Thermals are good for such a short benchmark tests. I ran prime95 @ 5.1GHz and the h115i just cant keep it cool enough. had to cancel it after 20+ minutes. But that's ok for me the AIO can keep it under control for at least some benchmarks just to see some scores. After the CPU performance, the thing i am the most happy with is my motherboard. Impressive OC'ing ability, without a doubt the best motherboard i have ever ran.

MSI is hit or miss. Some of their boards are truely incredible and some are meh at best.
Mine would fall into the meh category, but hey, it was cheapish.

Unfortunately, the 9900k really doesn't like coolers less than 360mm for a lot of overclocking. My friend has a 9900k and H100i, which really is just barely adequate at stock. The AIO was a godsend on his old I7 8700 which was hampered by the stock cooler.

I don't have any benchmarks or validations, they didn't have those sorts of things back then. My most impressive, and best, overclock was on an 8086, taking it from an 8Mhz base clock to 12Mhz. For those struggling at the math, that's a 50% overclock.

What made it most impressive was how you went about it: unsolder the local oscillator, solder in a socket and replace it with a new LO.

The memory didn't like it, had to unsocket all the DRAM DIP's and replace them with faster DRAM. It worked fine, luckily I had a stick of (IIRC) 10ns DRAM to do it with. Seagate 5MB winchester disk on the ST506 MFM controller didn't mind it in the least, and neither did the Paradise VGA card.

Reactions: damric
Ya. not flashy or cheap by any means but
They work Great on my 3 coolers.
Wondering if Noctua will come out with a line of rgb that will still perform as well as the Ippc's for those that want rgb.

Ssh LOL I'm thinking of trying to sell my
Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3 and the 16gb 2x8 G.G.skill Trident X ddr3 1866 cl10.

I hear ya on the not killing it.

I just take up the slack on my GPU's
On my zotac gtx 1070 ti
Stock core clk is 1607
Boost clk at 1683
Firestrike and Time Spy showing 2000
With no voltage increase.

And on the 3600x oc it began taking too much voltage to justify the gains.
So the core clk itself is not that impressive but 4.325 on 1.30v and steady 24 to 26c idle temps without the large temp spikes is compared to what i had with the 2600x at 4.125 @1.35v
Later Guys