Posting but not working

Jan 6, 2019
I have an ASUS Z170-a mobo. I plugged everything in and tried for a post. It luckily posted, but I get taken to a screen saying "CPU Fan speed error detected." It wants me to ensure that my for my fan is plugged in correctly. It also gives me the option to go into BIOS but when I hit F1 it just stalls and leaves me in a limbo where my pc is posted but it doesn't do anything after that. I tried swapping the fan plug to different fan ports available on my mobo.

EDIT: Yes, my fans work when it's plugged in or not plugged in.

EDIT #2: I realized my problem. My fan speeds were overclocked too much. I tried unplugging some of them to see if it would work. It actually didn't. Is there a way to lower your fan rpm without going into BIOS I have Thermaltake fans (not sure about model). Don't have a remote or outer controller for my fans.

Jan 6, 2019

Even when the fan port isn't plugged in it is still spinning. All the fans work whether it is or isn't plugged into a fan port

popatim

Titan
The you must have the fan plugged into something else, like a fan hub, or this is liquid cooling.
Normally the CPU fan gets it power from the CPU fan header and cannot spin if it is not plugged in. Water coolers often plug into the waterblock or directly to the powersupply.