Question Posting to Displayport but not HDMI

Oct 24, 2020
Hey everyone, I have a TV that I am using as my main display because my monitor is going for repair. I haven't shipped my monitor away yet and I am glad I haven't. When I have only my TV plugged in via HDMI, I get no post and I hang on boot for my diagnostic lights on my mobo. When I have my Monitor plugged in via Displayport it boots just fine, when I have both Plugged in my post screen is on my monitor and my tv gets no signal until I get to windows, if I dont have my monitor plugged in I cannot get to windows so my TV never gets signal and I hang on post because of nothing being detected, could use some help here, Thanks.

Are you unplugging the DisplayPort cable from the GPU before turning the computer on?

Are you setting the HDMI (TV) as the primary display in Windows?

Just to be clear. Are both connections to the same GPU? I ask as the computer will POST to the primary graphics adapter. If the DP is on your primary GPU and HDMI is on the motherboard or secondary GPU. It could be the problem.

Oct 24, 2020
Are you unplugging the DisplayPort cable from the GPU before turning the computer on?

Are you setting the HDMI (TV) as the primary display in Windows?

Just to be clear. Are both connections to the same GPU? I ask as the computer will POST to the primary graphics adapter. If the DP is on your primary GPU and HDMI is on the motherboard or secondary GPU. It could be the problem.
Hi, Thanks for the reply, Both connections are to the same GPU, The computer posts to the displayport monitor but not the hdmi tv if both are plugged in, if the hdmi tv is only plugged in nothing happens and I cannot get to windows, or get Anything to the tv, it just gets no signal.