Postings prior to 4/22/04

Just began to subscribe to this newsgroup on 4/24, and my reader (Outlook
Express) only finds about 350 messages with none before 4/22/04. When I
choose "Tools/Get Next 1000 Headers" from the drop down menu, nothing
happens. In contrast with another newsgroup it keeps adding older messages
to the listing of headers.

I presume that older messages exist. Are they archived somewhere? Could
someone direct me to them? Thanks in advance.

Barry Speronello <bkspero@attglobal.net> wrote:
> I presume that older messages exist. Are they archived somewhere? Could
> someone direct me to them? Thanks in advance.

http://groups.google.com/

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=alt.cellul
ar.verizon

brian s.

bkspero@attglobal.net (Barry Speronello) wrote in

> I presume that older messages exist. Are they archived somewhere?
> Could someone direct me to them? Thanks in advance.

You might try:

1. Reading the documentation for your news reader.
2. Talking to your ISP.
3. Posting in newsgroup "news.software.readers".

--
Bert Hyman | St. Paul, MN | bert@visi.com

"Barry Speronello" <bkspero@attglobal.net> wrote in

> Just began to subscribe to this newsgroup on 4/24, and my reader
> (Outlook Express) only finds about 350 messages with none before
> 4/22/04. When I choose "Tools/Get Next 1000 Headers" from the drop
> down menu, nothing happens. In contrast with another newsgroup it
> keeps adding older messages to the listing of headers.
>
> I presume that older messages exist. Are they archived somewhere?
> Could someone direct me to them? Thanks in advance.

www.yahoo.com

Has every message back since we all had IMTS "Carphones"....(c;

Barry Speronello <bkspero@attglobal.net> wrote:
> Just began to subscribe to this newsgroup on 4/24, and my reader (Outlook
> Express) only finds about 350 messages with none before 4/22/04. When I
> choose "Tools/Get Next 1000 Headers" from the drop down menu, nothing
> happens. In contrast with another newsgroup it keeps adding older messages
> to the listing of headers.
>
> I presume that older messages exist. Are they archived somewhere? Could
> someone direct me to them? Thanks in advance.

You need to subscribe to a service that has retention as far back as you
are looking. Giganews comes to mind. You can look through the free
servers as well such as news.readfreenews.net and friends
(http://www.readfreenews.com/). Also, the problem could very well be
with your news program and its configuration. You could setup news
options to not limit to 300 headers and then delete the server and readd
it to your list. That should pull down all new headers. Not elegant,
but it should work.

--

Thomas T. Veldhouse