Potential 1060 Issues

sjones93

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016
Hi All,

I've been looking into getting a new 1060 with my build and considering I want a micro-atx setup, with a Micro-ATX tower don't want something to big.

So after doing some researching I was going to go for a EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

http://www.ebuyer.com/753053-evga-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-graphics-card-ebuyer-com-06g-p4-6161-kr

Very compact, powerful, sold brand....

However due to it's single fan and powerful output I've heard there has been some serious cooling issues in some cases. So wanted to look into ZOTAC's Mini 6GB Version but again, supposed cooling issues.

Can anybody clarify this or provide some experience on these cards? Whether they can be cooled effectively or suggest another small 6gb version for less than £250?

Thanks

Stephen

Solution
The fractel design cases allow for a side in-take fan which would be better for your GPU temps. Either way with good cabling and as long as you don't plan on a bunch of other add-in cards using up you PCIe slots a GTX 1060 should be just fine in those cases.

RCFProd

Expert
Ambassador
Nvidia Pascal won't have cooling issues with single fan GPU designs, they are powerful cards but ''powerful output'' isn't really an accurate term as they are actually very light cards and efficient too.

That being said, there are dual cooler designs for a good price:

Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GT OCV1 Video Card ($244.49 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $244.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-04 07:25 EST-0500

600.png

sjones93

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Well the MB I've bought is a MSI B150 M MORTAR so hopefully only a Micro-ATX tower required like a Fractal Design 1100 or 1300. Or even a Cooler Mater Silencio 352. Wouldn't want to spend more than £50 on a tower though if possible.

I've bought a fully modular psu also which may help cooling a tiny bit.

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
The fractel design cases allow for a side in-take fan which would be better for your GPU temps. Either way with good cabling and as long as you don't plan on a bunch of other add-in cards using up you PCIe slots a GTX 1060 should be just fine in those cases.

Solution

sjones93

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Yeah what I meant powerful output I was more thinking of there ability to play games and alike, forgive me for that.

Nice looking card though, only worry is its length but i imagine even in a small Micro-ATX case it should be fine.

Definitely look into it, thanks

sjones93

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Yeah there would be a couple of fans added hopefully, just incase.

Thanks though, cleared my mind a little.

sjones93

Commendable
Aug 11, 2016

Good to hear, if you had to choose between the ZOTAC and EVGA 6GB Mini what would you go for? or whether there's any others that i should look into?

I'm having a look at one that has already been provided on this thread but thought I would open the question up to others also.

Cheers

RobCrezz

Expert
Ambassador

Whichever one is cheaper. There will be almost no difference between them.