[SOLVED] Potential bios flash issues with a gigabyte ax370 gaming k5

vish1756

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
I have an gigabyte ax370 gaming k5 mobo with a ryzen 1700x, gtx1080 and ive been using the bios version f5 from 2017 for a while now but since ive bought a new ram kit im unable to run it at its rated frequency after using xmp profile which worked fine for my previous kit. I want to know if flashing the bios to the latest version would make it any less compatible for a ryzen 1st gen as all the bios updates after a while are for ryzen 2nd gen and ryzen 3rd gen and in some cases say "NO Bristol Ridge (AMD 7th Gen A-series/ Athlon™ X4 series) APU support". Will I run into issues where i wont be able to boot after a bios update having a ryzen 1st gen cpu or any other risks?. Also on I usually dont go for updates unless i face issues. I avoid them as i fear i may brick my motherboard some how. Heres a link to the bios page of my motherboard https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/GA-AX370-Gaming-5-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios please suggest a bios version to run a ryzen 1700x.

Last edited:
Solution
What I'm seeing is you update to BIOS F31 before you update to any BIOS F40 or later.
I don't see where there should be an issue updating to F31.
Then I don't see an issue where you couldn't upgrade to F50a which is the latest.

vish1756

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
What I'm seeing is you update to BIOS F31 before you update to any BIOS F40 or later.
I don't see where there should be an issue updating to F31.
Then I don't see an issue where you couldn't upgrade to F50a which is the latest.
thanks.. so there wont be any 1st gen compatibility issue possibilities even with the latest bios right?

vish1756

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014
Not the way it's written.
If there were....it should be in the "description" of the BIOS and it's not.
I do see the "No Bristol Ridge APU Support" notes, but they don't apply to either F31 or F50a or you for that matter.
so im assuming the as new updates get released, the newer version should contain the data from the previous version as long as they haven't mention otherwise right..