Question Potential Issues with VIOTEK GNV27DB

Jun 26, 2020
I recently built a new PC. I had been operating off of a MSI GE72 6QF Apache Pro laptop, so everything about this setup is new and improved to me. The one thing I cannot determine whether or not it is better is the new monitor I will be using. I purchased the VIOTEK GNV27DB 27-Inch WQHD 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor to go with the new setup. This is a jump from a small, laptop sized 1080p screen to a 27" 1440p screen. I imagined it would be jarring, but I am having trouble determining if it is simply the adjustment period or the monitor itself causing certain issues. Essentially, whenever I am in a game, namely a game with decent graphics/textures, there is a noticeable amount of eye strain during average-fast paced movement. It makes it very hard to focus on one point without having to look away. It's almost like a subtle dizzy feeling. This is especially prevalent in first person games and/or games with view bobbing. Is this something I can attribute to the adjustment period of the drastically different monitor, or could this perhaps be a result of ghosting or some other problem with the monitor? I don't really see any ghosting in-game from what I understand it to be when I look for it, but I'm a noob to all of this so it's possible I may be looking right at it with an untrained eye and not realizing it.

And while I'm on the subject, is there anyone here who has purchased/used this monitor and can give their opinion on it? There aren't many reviews on it, and most off them are mixed, with some people having issues with ghosting and some absolutely loving it. I was just curious what other people's experiences are, because aside from this eye strain and the fact that the "Response Time" (Overdrive) settings change absolutely nothing (I did the ufo ghosting test), I'm loving it so far. I love the colors and the size is definitely helpful for work-related stuff. I do wish I had put more thought into the whole 1440p 144hz thing though. I am running an RTX 2070 Super GPU, and it handles everything on max settings well enough so far, but I don't really play AAA games much. Guess I'll have to see how it fares once games like Cyberpunk 2077 come out.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts