Question Potential malware not detected by antivirus

Jan 14, 2022
This happened just recently, at first, I noticed that my youtube history has some videos that I haven't even watched then google notified me about my computer having a malware since someone is trying to gain access to my accounts. This included my steam and twitter accounts. I knew someone is trying to log in to my steam since steam emailed me a security code and my twitter account has been hacked. The hacker then posted some crypto stuffs on my account but fortunately I recovered it. I do not remember downloading anything suspicious on my pc. I also looked in my task manager and I haven't noticed anything suspicious running in the background either.

I used malwarebytes and windows defender to scan my system but the results said that no threats were found. At the moment, I thought about having to reformat my pc and install a new OS and I was wondering if there is any better options than having to reformat my pc.

alfredjoejr

Commendable
Nov 9, 2021
This happened just recently, at first, I noticed that my youtube history has some videos that I haven't even watched then google notified me about my computer having a malware since someone is trying to gain access to my accounts. This included my steam and twitter accounts. I knew someone is trying to log in to my steam since steam emailed me a security code and my twitter account has been hacked. The hacker then posted some crypto stuffs on my account but fortunately I recovered it. I do not remember downloading anything suspicious on my pc. I also looked in my task manager and I haven't noticed anything suspicious running in the background either.

I used malwarebytes and windows defender to scan my system but the results said that no threats were found. At the moment, I thought about having to reformat my pc and install a new OS and I was wondering if there is any better options than having to reformat my pc.
Are u using the latest version of Antivirus? If the Security intelligence of your antivirus is outdated, they won't be able to identify threats in your PC.
If so, do you have any other devices containing your Accounts? Please run a check on those too .

Alex Fare

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2014
I would download Autoruns right from the Microsoft website. Look for anything suspicious. If it's persistent, Then it would most likely show up here. and If they are continuing to connect to you even after you restart your PC, Then it's likely persistent. Then go change all of your passwords. Set up 2FA and save back up codes to an offline USB.