I have an HP 700-230qe computer. The computer was off for a few weeks. Went to turn it on and it's completely dead. Below is what I've done for troubleshooting. Mobo is MS-7826 version 1.0. After all of this, I think the mobo is dead but I'm happy to try any other tests.
- tested electrical outlet with multimeter (outlet works)
- tested computer electrical cord with multimeter (cord works fine)
- used another computer electrical cord that I know works
- inserted another PSU that I know works
- hooked up the original PSU to another computer (PSU works)
- did paper clip test on PSU (it worked)
- tested voltage coming out of PSU with multimeter (all voltage was within spec)
- changed CMOS battery even though old CMOS battery had plenty of voltage
- unplugged various components from mobo.
- unplugged ALL components from mobo except CPU and PSU main power and PSU power running to CPU and front panel connector to power button
- unplugged the connector that runs from the power button to the mobo and tried starting computer by jumping the power pins
- used another power button that I know works
- inspected both sides of mobo for damage and found none