[SOLVED] Potential Power Supply Issue ?

May 6, 2022
HI everyone,

Recently I've been playing some games and if I shut my computer down afterwards, it won't power on unless I unplug the power supply and plug it back in again. It doesn't seem to happen every time, just after what I would assume to be more labour intensive games on the hardware. I changed all my hardware except the PSU, graphics card and RAM back in January and haven't had any problems until this past week. Could it be that my power supply has finally reached the end of its life? I have had it 6 years or so. Any help is appreciated.

Specs:

MSI PRO Z690 DDR4
RTX 2080 8GB
i7-12700k
32GB RAM
EVGA Supernova 750W 80+ Gold full modular
Kraken X63 RGB AIO
NZXT H510 Flow PC case
256GB SSD
2TB SSD

Solution
It looks like your PSU is tripping a safety circuit since you need to reset it, you should be able to do that with the power button on the back of it instead of unplugging it. Having 10year warranty I would open a support ticket with EVGA.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA have a number of PSU's listed under their SuperNova line, which one do you have? How old is the PSU in your build? 6 or more than that? As for your crib, have you tried powering the system using another wall outlet?

May 6, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

EVGA have a number of PSU's listed under their SuperNova line, which one do you have? How old is the PSU in your build? 6 or more than that? As for your crib, have you tried powering the system using another wall outlet?
Thanks for the swift reply! It's from the G+ line so would be the superNOVA 750 G+. I haven't had it anywhere near 6 years; was a typo on my part. Apologies fort that. I have had it since summer 2019, so just under 3 years. I have tried other wall outlets and I have the same issue.

It looks like your PSU is tripping a safety circuit since you need to reset it, you should be able to do that with the power button on the back of it instead of unplugging it. Having 10year warranty I would open a support ticket with EVGA.

Solution
May 6, 2022
I think you're right, it definitely seems that way. Sometimes using the switch works, other times I have to physically unplug the PSU and then plug it back in again. Opening a support ticket with EVGA will be next port of call. In the mean time I'll just stay off the more labour intensive games to avoid the issue. I'll post an update once I hear back from them. Thanks for the help

TRENDING THREADS