[SOLVED] Potential PSU or GPU issue

Sep 12, 2020
Okay so the story goes like this

two days ago, I took a short nap and woke up to my water cooler pump making a ticking noise, my CPU heat rising and throttling due to heat. I turned the computer off and went to bed for the night. the next day, I bought a new wind CPU cooler thinking my water cooler pump was broken, and noticed when I started my computer next, there was no video coming from my gpu. the gpu fans would spin, but there's no video. I could swap back and forth between integrated graphics, which I would get video on. I tried changing the default graphics in my bios to my gpu, which I never had to do, and that still didn't fix the issue.

I then noticed that the lights on my Scarlett aren't lighting up correctly, and it dawned on me.

Could it be my power supply that's failing?
Because what would be the biggest power draws for it? The Scarlett, GPU, and water pump for my cooler. It could still just be the GPU, but the combination of those three all going wonky at the same time just seems like it's all connected to me.

Last edited:
Solution
i really wish i could, but the setup of the board prevents that unless i mangle the GPU. there's physically stuff on the board in the way of putting my gpu there
Oh okay, try a different cable then, it's also possible that your gpu is just dead, 970 is pretty old :(