Potential virus because little brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

assassin445522

Reputable
Mar 13, 2015
so my little brother decided to type in five nights at Freddy free and click and download the first thing he saw, he got it from website called ocean of games and I opened google to a advertisement filled version of google (already fixed that) i have ad aware scanning right now and active protection looking for suspicious processes and services.

I deleted the download and i just wiped my hard drive and got rid of osme previous viruses and got an i7 4790k and he already messed it up

Solution
Yeah, yank the OS after a backup attempt for any important files. If he causes a lot of trouble simply set up a Linux VM where he has a user account and Firefox w/ adblock + flashblock and even noScript, and just either launch that by default (I think you can in Windows) or remove all access to anything else.
Best idea is to back up to an external drive and nuke the thing. Better to be safe than sorry. If you have Windows 8 or 10 Pro, consider setting up a virtual machine for that kid so that he can't cause problems again. If not, password protect the computer and don't allow unsupervised access until he learns to have responsibility.

Yeah, yank the OS after a backup attempt for any important files. If he causes a lot of trouble simply set up a Linux VM where he has a user account and Firefox w/ adblock + flashblock and even noScript, and just either launch that by default (I think you can in Windows) or remove all access to anything else.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.