Potential windows 10 driver problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tibblist

Reputable
Jun 28, 2015
I upgraded to windows 10 on my desktop pc on july 29th and haven't had any problems since. I know that upgrade/updates are forced to happen so when random issues occurred today I feel that maybe there was an update sent out? My ethernet no longer works, only to connect outside my LAN, but I can still remote desktop and access the computer so the port/cable still work and the router works for all other comps over ethernet. The internet goes in for a split second when I reset the adapter but then instantly goes out. I also noticed when launching a steam game the xbox controller no longer works to control it despite it working yesterday and the controller will control steam itself just not the games. Should I downgrade to windows 8.1 again, since I don't have internet anymore any fixes wouldn't even reach my computer?

Solution
Hello

Before downgrading to Windows 8.1, I would suggest you to restore Windows 10 to July 29, 2015 when it worked fine.

The steps given in the Restore from a system restore point section in this link would guide you through the process of restoring your Windows 10 to an earlier restore point.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!
Hello

Before downgrading to Windows 8.1, I would suggest you to restore Windows 10 to July 29, 2015 when it worked fine.

The steps given in the Restore from a system restore point section in this link would guide you through the process of restoring your Windows 10 to an earlier restore point.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!!

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.