[SOLVED] Potentially Bricked GPU?

May 6, 2021
I installed precision X1 and it notified me that there was an update for the VBIOS so I just pressed update expecting it to be simple and go smoothly due to it being EVGA software and not third party with a bios I have downloaded.
While updating it failed at around 60% and notified me to not turn off my computer and contact the manufacturer.
I have contacted the manufacturer and awaiting a reply but want to get a reply on here in the meantime.

Is it most definitely bricked?
Is there a way to tell if it is bricked without restarting and finding out the hard way?
Should I just re-flash now while I have access to my computer?
What is the possible cause for it failing in the first place?

If you have an answer to any of these questions or need additional information let me know.

Thanks.

Ryzen 3600
ASUS B350M-K
EVGA 3070 XC3 Ultra
Corsair Vengeance 3200 Memory
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

Edit:
Wanted to add some more information:

Precision X1 now says it has the latest VBIOS version. I'm not sure if the update failed message was a mistake by the software of if it is updated but incorrectly.

Card was bought on 29/10/2020 but was sent and received around 27/12/2020 as the cards were out of stock.

Last edited:
Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Every BIOS or VBIOS updating tool and update file comes with a disclaimer that things can and will go wrong, hence why you either backup data or you make sure you're not going to be in any trouble. In your case, I'd have suggested that you checked what BISO version it was before hitting apply. Manually updating the VBIOS is the only route to go.

You might be in line to get the card RMA'd since EVGA's app decided to do the update for your, being an uninformed customer. I'd ask you to wait and hear back from EVGA. Can you parse a link to your GPU or an SKU at the very least? Perhaps techpowerup might have the BIOS file for you and a recovery might be possible with this.

Lutfij

Titan

Every BIOS or VBIOS updating tool and update file comes with a disclaimer that things can and will go wrong, hence why you either backup data or you make sure you're not going to be in any trouble. In your case, I'd have suggested that you checked what BISO version it was before hitting apply. Manually updating the VBIOS is the only route to go.

You might be in line to get the card RMA'd since EVGA's app decided to do the update for your, being an uninformed customer. I'd ask you to wait and hear back from EVGA. Can you parse a link to your GPU or an SKU at the very least? Perhaps techpowerup might have the BIOS file for you and a recovery might be possible with this.

Solution
May 6, 2021

This is the card:
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB XC3 ULTRA GAMING Ampere Graphics Card LN111632 - 08G-P5-3755-KR | SCAN UK