Question [SOLVED]Potplayer Xinput button mapping caused youtube problem(independant of the browser used) that even fresh windows install didn't fix

May 17, 2019
I recetly bought a xbox one s controller for my pc. While using potplayer i stumbled upon xinput button mapping feature and it worked great or so I thought. While potplayer was open, I switched to a live feed in youtube(on chrome),which was on hold when i was using the player, using the xb1 controller. Controller was able to change volume and seek back and forth(basically emulating arrow keys with d-pad) on chrome while potplayer was on background, however when I used y-button(to which I assigned pause/start media playback) instead of chrome pot player media paused/started. Then something went wrong because now any live feed from youtube that i watch(independant of the browser used, i.e. chrome,edge,firefox) acts as if right arrow key is pressed. Neither Normal youtube videos nor live feeds from another type of media player(live online tv)aren't affected by this. Deleting potplayer using revo unistaller or clean install of windows didnt fix the issue. I use chrome with syncronization so it might have dragged along whatever the underlying problem was. Lastly, I haven't installed potplayer or used the xbox 1 controller on this fresh install yet.

May 17, 2019
so you might have to reset all your chrome settings or did you install some extension?
Unfortunately, to my stupidity, i didn't considered this would be passed down from chrome sync(i thought cause was probably some corrupted dll) so i didnt think to check whether problem was fixed right after the installation of windows. I might have to install the windows again :/ Also i will check whether deleting extensions would help.

May 17, 2019
However Im still unsure how this would help on other browsers because rather than chrome being corrupted it seems youtube player is corrupted(i tried firefox,edge and chrome)

D

Deleted member 14196

maybe the controller is bad? if you installed potplayer that may be it as well. a clean install of windows, no pot player, make sure all browsers work

May 17, 2019
maybe the controller is bad? if you installed potplayer that may be it as well. a clean install of windows, no pot player, make sure all browsers work

I just did a fresh install again. No internet while installation. Disabled windows update from services then connected to wifi. I didnt install a thing not even intel hd graphics. Opened microsoft edge and fck me problem is still there. How the fck is this even possible.

D

Deleted member 14196

wehn you do the install, there should only be the ssd plugged in or the main os drive, no other drives should be plugged into power. after clean install to ssd, test then, NOT using the controller.

you use the windows installer to delete all partition on ssd or hdd and then install to that device.

May 17, 2019
wehn you do the install, there should only be the ssd plugged in or the main os drive, no other drives should be plugged into power. after clean install to ssd, test then, NOT using the controller.

you use the windows installer to delete all partition on ssd or hdd and then install to that device.
I haven't used the controller since issue still persists. I did use windows installer to delete all 4 partitons on main drive.

I have 512gb m2(main drive/os), 256m2(fast formated and empty) and a 1tb harddrive(only for stroge no programs). I use a laptop and bios doesnt have the option to not power up 256gb ssd and 1tb hdd and the screws that hold them in place are a bit stripped so I don't want to risk it.

May 17, 2019
Quick update on the situation my friend suggested that I remove keyboard from device manager and what do you know problem is fixed. He said that some drivers might not be fresh even though the system is.
Anyway thanks for your responses.

Last edited: