Jul 1, 2020
Hi,
I built a new pc. Didn’t do much cable management in the back of the pc because i wanted to test it first. I installed windows and few benchmarks and 2 games, the pc was running.

today i got a fan splitter for the aio fans and installed that. Powered on the pc was in windows, keep it open for few min and everything was normal. Checked few temps and they were ok too, cpu temp 36 degrees C and gpu 53 (fans off)

Now the issue: powered off my pc, and then unplugged it from the wall socket. Did bit of cable management, closed the psu shroud, and closed the back lid/panel.

Plugged the power back into the socket and pressed the power button. Now nothing happens, no leds are on, no fans are spinning, no lights on the motherboard.

All the connectors seemed plugged in ok, did a check to see if something got unplugged by mistake.

what can I do?

specs:
32 gb 4400 mhz cl19
Z490 aorus elite ac
1080ti (from the old build)
2tb evo 860 ssd (from the old build)
500 gb m2 960 pro ssd
Nzxt kraken x73 aio
Psu corsair rmx 850 gold

the monitor is an lg 3440*1440 @ 160 hz
Running windows 10 pro

i’m going crazy, if anyone has an idea, please feel free

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Perhaps you didn't plug the cpu fan into the proper fan connector? My Gigabyte board has 2 cpu fan connectors right next to each other. If your board is similar, try switching to the other cpu fan connector.